How many members have their first bike?

my first bike was a rupp roadster2 like this one, i was not allowed to have a mini bike so mom told me, but that didn't stop me.. i must have gone thew a dozen motors..

Even if I had one when I was a kid. My mom would sold it the second she thought it wasn't being used,That's how she is.
That's exactialy how my mom is now, she pawned a set of my skiptooth new diparture bicyclerims so she could get a carton of milk and some lunch meat.
Needless to say I put a lock on my shed next day

I bought my Cheeftah used in 1968. I used to throw it in the back of my van when we would go to the races and ride it between the pits & the staging area. It was buried in my garage until last March, when I retired, and started cleaning out my garage. When I found it again, I decided to get it running again. Rebuilt 3hp motor and stripped & painted the frame. I decided it needed more power so I installed a bigger motor & a Comet "Tork A Verter". It has been a riot riding it again! Check it out:

https://picasaweb.google.com/114834351319502904260/December102011

I had a mini bike that we used as a pit bike when we were drag racing in the 1970's. We got it from KMART I think... On Thanksgiving I picked up a 19?? Rupp Continental that was just a frame with a 2 hp Briggs. I am in the process of stripping it and rebuilding it with a Predator 212cc motor. Is there a way to get a build date from the serial number?

TomH

I bought my Cheeftah used in 1968. I used to throw it in the back of my van when we would go to the races and ride it between the pits & the staging area. It was buried in my garage until last March, when I retired, and started cleaning out my garage. When I found it again, I decided to get it running again. Rebuilt 3hp motor and stripped & painted the frame. I decided it needed more power so I installed a bigger motor & a Comet "Tork A Verter". It has been a riot riding it again! Check it out:

https://picasaweb.google.com/114834351319502904260/December102011
Link doesn't work:shrug:

I had a mini bike that we used as a pit bike when we were drag racing in the 1970's. We got it from KMART I think... On Thanksgiving I picked up a 19?? Rupp Continental that was just a frame with a 2 hp Briggs. I am in the process of stripping it and rebuilding it with a Predator 212cc motor. Is there a way to get a build date from the serial number?
I'm sure someone knows how to-I asked the same question about my Cheeftah serial number stamped on the motor mount plate and have not found anything out about it to date. I'll keep trying though!

https://picasaweb.google.com/1148343...December102011

I just brought my 71Arctic Cat Climber home from my brother's barn,where it has sat for many years.My dad bought it for me new and over the years it is in pretty sad shape.I want to keep it as original as possible and I have alot of work to do.I hope it will look as good as all the bikes all you guys have on the forum!

Rupp Continental

I got my first Rupp Continental Custom in Sept. 1964 and it was new. After a few years of riding I sold it to get a 1967 Honda 305 Scrambler then years later sold that for a 1967 XLCH Harley Sporster. I just had to go back to my 1st bike and got a 1966 Rupp that looks almost exactly the same.

Last edited: