How much can you mill a Hemi head?

What's the most you have heard of someone milling a Hemi head? An accident at the machine shop may have put me beyond what I can fix with a gasket. How thick is the Hemi head stock as well? Thanks for any info!

I cut one .040 and another .050. The one cut .040 i'm gonna put a dyno 356 cam in and the other cut .050 will get a black mamba cam. You can mill the head alot but you will have to make up the difference with gaskets or do reliefs in the piston like Prowler is doing. Try to keep piston to valve clearance to at least .090 so that nothing hits. Also the hemi head has 1.1 ratio rockers in it.

I just had .040 taken off after a misshap at another shop to make a level surface. I don't know the total that's been removed so far :/ I'm still a little ways away from the fin. I need to know what the total thickness of the head is to find out how much has been removed. I'm running a .020 over rod as well and I'm pretty close to .000 in the hole...... How much of a relief can I make in the stock piston before I have to worry? Thank you guys for the input! I'm good at researching and I've done plenty but I've hit a wall with the thickness of the head. Thanks again

Put it all back together with no head gasket and zero valve clearance with the cam you plan on using. Then measure your piston to valve clearance and see where you are at. Try to keep clearance at .090 . My guy at the local shop told me that i could .030 on relief if my clearances was too close. Take a old stock 27mm valve and cut notches in it with dremel tool , put back in head and start cutting relief in piston but a little at a time. Keep checking your clearances, don't go too far but don't do too less. You will get it right, takes time is all.

Keep doing your research on this forum . You will find just what you need to know , if not keep asking questions . The folks here are glad to help. You will get some of the top engine builders to chime in and set you on the right course. Stay with it.