How much hp after mods? Predator 212 Hemi.

I was using the search feature trying to find info on this, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I have a Predator 212 Hemi. I added a mild cam, (Dynocam CL-2), ARC Billet 32 degree flywheel, carb jet kit, Cone air filter, pulse fuel pump, 18 lb springs, header pipe with big sausage muffler.

All typical stuff.

So since this is a typical build, someone should know what hp is makes after the mods. I have stock compression and run pump gas, no alcohol.

How much hp do the typical mods add?

Thanks
Danford1

Last edited:
I think with the engine set up correctly it can see 12hp. That's having he lash perfect, timing actually set, good synthetic oil and so on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i assume you are all guessing horsepower unless you have a dynamometer.

not trying to bust anyone's agates here but it sounds like guessing to me,
except for the 22.8 HP dude!

:thumbsup:

phil

SAS289

From what I remember reading somewhere, the original clones were getting 8.5 to 9HP right out of the box with a jet change and better breathing on the dyno. I wonder what the HP numbers for the Hemi would be with those minimal changes right out of the box? Ungoverned of course so peak HP could be reached.
Just kinda makes me wonder where the starting point is for the Hemi versus the 196 clone.

From what I remember reading somewhere, the original clones were getting 8.5 to 9HP right out of the box with a jet change and better breathing on the dyno. I wonder what the HP numbers for the Hemi would be with those minimal changes right out of the box? Ungoverned of course so peak HP could be reached.
Just kinda makes me wonder where the starting point is for the Hemi versus the 196 clone.
There's a great dyno test somewhere that I had saved. Very methodical changes and recordings. Yes I am "guessing" based on that comparison to a stock engine. Elevation, climate, and installation are a BIG factor.[emoji1303]

I'm curious myself I just put my predator hemi 212 together today (arc piston rod, arc flywheel, 18lbs springs, mod2 cam, governor removed, pulse pump, 140 tube 36 jet, 1 inch exhaust rlv muffler,) I'd love to know a ball park number.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm curious myself I just put my predator hemi 212 together today (arc piston rod, arc flywheel, 18lbs springs, mod2 cam, governor removed, pulse pump, 140 tube 36 jet, 1 inch exhaust rlv muffler,) I'd love to know a ball park number.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Not to get off topic, but how does the plug look? Most of my stock stage 1 hemis need the 37 right out of the gate.

OK check it out guys ... A flywheel , rod , and springs add zero HP first off . A mild cam like the cl1 or mod2 are not doing much either ... A stock carb limits flow even with an aftermarket filter and header ... A boost in compression and head work will boost HP numbers ... A dyno can say whatever you want it to based on that dyno .. a mild cam and no head work even on a hemi or another head with 27/25 setup is not going to double stock HP .. minibikin is right one did an in-depth write up on a step by step hemi build ...

I know this much from talk on the poboys on Facebook from some very respectful engine builders stock clones are making 12-13 hp . This is no porting and a somewhat stock carb . Just some food for thought .
Also want to add these are 700- 900 dollar purpose build by guys that know more little tricks than most .

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

ARC builds a clone 196cc engine that is 12-13HP out of the box with stock carb, stock head, and a mild cam...and tested on a real dyno!

trinik is right head work cam and compression with the right carb and pipe makes power...our new small engine dyno is on the way I'll be posting all actual numbers in the future...my 212 making 15 is a good guess .. it runs heads up with a stock ch440 kohlor big block they both run 55mph in the eighth...that kohlor makes 14hp stock and has a lighter frame and rider

dynos sell engines ... I do believe Jody at arc could get 12hp out of a ducor clone with a stock class cam .. I fixed a Dover clone not that long ago f275 cam and Holly Moses carb put it @14.8 their numbers when they built it ...On some dynos that might be 18hp

I'm the Original Poster...
Well, even if mine is only 9 or 10 hp, I'm happy, happy, happy.
As the minibike is now, it can't be riden much as whenever you give it throttle, it wheelies.
It needs a wheelie bar or a smaller rear sprocket. It has a torque converter with a 10 tooth sprocket going to mid 80 tooth sprocket. That produces WAY to much tq to keep the front end down as is. That ratio with 9-10 hp is too much.
It needs more like a 60 tooth rear sprocket. That will give it more top end and lower the out of hole acceleration hopefully making it easier to ride. The "problem" with the smaller sprocket could be clearance to my swing arm. At full extension and full compression my chain is close to the arm as it is with the 86? tooth sprocket.
Danford1

Last edited: