HOW MUCH RUST ON POOR LIL INDIAN

That bike is not so bad, nothing that a blast cabinet wouldn't handle. Last year I brought home a Rupp Roadster that has the rims rusted in half all the way around the middle...that is some serious rust!

I vote save it. Most likely a 1968 6000 model with the optional factory light kit. Should have a battery box under the seat. As well as the factory 2 speed unit. Many hard to find parts on that bike. Originally a red painted bike. Paint was called Sunset Red. If you decide otherwise I surely would be interested in a few of the parts for my 6000.
Nice find,
Joe51

Well I took the advice from you guys and picked this bike up yesterday morning. First stop was the carwash to get the vintage mud off of it. It gave me a chance to see what parts were missing. It looks like I need a back fender and a mirror (the handle bar mount is there). I found some good painted areas under the seat to see the original red that joe51 spike of. I think before I do anything to it, I’m going to GE it running as it is. If you guys have any comments please let me know. I’m a bonanza guy and really don’t know any thing about these lil Indians.
Thanks,
TS 57714B8A-1BD3-4F42-8F24-1FF8085AD4FD.jpeg 57714B8A-1BD3-4F42-8F24-1FF8085AD4FD.jpeg 60F1D58B-6335-4F7E-A29D-CED813F698F9.jpeg E87E083F-3531-4212-8629-19BABC0DC27C.jpeg

Well I took the advice from you guys and picked this bike up yesterday morning. First stop was the carwash to get the vintage mud off of it. It gave me a chance to see what parts were missing. It looks like I need a back fender and a mirror (the handle bar mount is there). I found some good painted areas under the seat to see the original red that joe51 spike of. I think before I do anything to it, I’m going to GE it running as it is. If you guys have any comments please let me know. I’m a bonanza guy and really don’t know any thing about these lil Indians.
Thanks,
TS View attachment 259347 View attachment 259347 View attachment 259348 View attachment 259349
I think you bought yourself a pretty good lil Indian! That will be a good Project!

When you get to taking it apart. Take a lot of pictures. I see the battery box was there. Note that the 2 speed unit on the jack shaft
is on the wrong side. The clutch and one way sprocket is driven off the motor clutch. Make sure you keep the original jack shaft. It is hardened and ground for the one way sprocket to engage on. Also check the handle bar mounting bracket. They were known to break off from the bars due to stress. Some bikes had u -bolts on both sides of that bracket to hold them in place better. Some did, some did not. Feel free to ask any questions.
And keep posting progress.
Regards
Joe51

Forgot to note for you.... It looks like the front rear fender mount is broken off. It was a tab welded to the cross bar of the rear swing arm.
Also take a good shot of the rear brake. Looks like some added cable attachment stuff that should not be there.