HOW MUCH RUST ON POOR LIL INDIAN

I thought the transition from the valve top to the bottom was on angle with no transitions. These valves and seats have a defined break in the transition. When these are re-done, are those “break points” ground out of the valves and seats? I haven’t cleaned up any of this stuff yet and really don’t know if the valves can be used but I was just wonder what to do at this point. A18D4ABF-25D7-4B42-AF01-D18EB4605B1C.jpeg 93593D21-74F1-497D-A167-14D3E735D4AF.jpeg 89BCF677-A1D9-4308-9F2C-CFFA3A7FCAC7.jpeg

Hello,
If you could when you have a few minutes, Could you post a picture of the foot peg covers on your bike?
It would be greatly appreciated.
How is the project going this far?
Regards.
Joe

As you can see I’ve done nothing to the frame on Lil Ole Rusty. I’m working on the motor right now. I took a pic of the tire to show they are not branded. I think they are original to the bike. If someone knows differently, please let me know.

Thank you for the pictures. You are correct in that the original tires were not branded. Tire size for both front and rear should be marked
12.5 x 4.5 - 6
Joe

Here are some dimensions for you. Most likely once repaired, you will have to bend it back a bit. I would do this by first mounting the fender
at the rear then bend the front mount to fit the radius of the fender. The bracket mounts on the outside of the fender. FYI, both front and rear fenders were the same. The rear had the additional hole for the front mount.
Regards,
Joe

Attachments

Ok I got the serial number. I sanded as much as I thought I could but I don’t know if I exposed all the numbers. I wondered if all the numbers were six digits. There’s a space between the 1 and the 8 but at this point it doesn’t appear that a number is there. I hate to sand more and risk screwing up the other numbers. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 75CFF1B0-3959-4113-B06B-7193263265E3.jpeg

Hello,
FYI when you get to inspecting/taking apart the jackshaft clutch.. When you remove what should be 2 yellow springs holding the clutch
shoes together, and remove the shoes from the drive hub, be aware that in each shoe there should be a very small brass slider pin and spring.
If your not careful they will go flying. I learned the hard way. Would not want you to experience that.
Those parts are literally impossible to locate. Take it apart in a box with an assistant covering the top of the box as best you can.
Regards.
Joe