How to break a tire bead, easy way

Triley41395

Been messing with these wheels for a couple days now. Didn't want to chance busting one so no prying was attempted. Started surfing YouTube found a way that I had never seen. Took like 2 minutes total to break the bead on both sides. By far the best way I have found. Can't guarantee it will work for everyone but it sure worked for me and I saved the tire. 20220702_130704.jpg 20220702_130713.jpg 20220702_131023.jpg

Might not work so well on a steel rim, where rust has bonded the bead to the wheel, or even an aluminum one where water has caused corrosion and created hard oxidation.....but....very creative application and thanks for sharing!

Bird Brain

Been messing with these wheels for a couple days now. Didn't want to chance busting one so no prying was attempted. Started surfing YouTube found a way that I had never seen. Took like 2 minutes total to break the bead on both sides. By far the best way I have found. Can't guarantee it will work for everyone but it sure worked for me and I saved the tire. View attachment 291327 View attachment 291328 View attachment 291329
Thinking back to my high school physics class, the one i never took, i would definatley have to call that a "first class lever"!! The simplicity of it. Nice job.

Whats the trick to getting them seated back on the bead im about to give up and put tubes in got straps around it when I pull it tight where the hooks are wrinkles the tire and my little compressor won't blow it on
Been saying I'm gonna build one of those tanks like they use on semi tires to save a little starting fluid

2old2care

Seating the beads can be a real bear, sometimes - Some tires seem to pop on really easy, some make you twist and shout for an hour, before they magically seat all of a sudden. It all depends on the tire. A really small compressor could overheat trying to do it.

One thing you could do, is to leave the valve core out, until you get the beads seated - More air in, quicker, that way.
BUT, you do need a rubber tip blow gun for this to work.

Also - Keep the beads lubed the whole time

Triley41395

Whats the trick to getting them seated back on the bead im about to give up and put tubes in got straps around it when I pull it tight where the hooks are wrinkles the tire and my little compressor won't blow it on
Been saying I'm gonna build one of those tanks like they use on semi tires to save a little starting fluid
I have only changed a few minibike tires BUT I don't remember seating the beads being nearly as bad as trying to break the old one loose. Maybe I haven't ran into that bear yet.

BUT, you do need a rubber tip blow gun for this to work.

Also - Keep the beads lubed the whole time[/QUOTE]

Copy the rubber tip blow gun is that from experience
Yes gotta keep it lubed
I gave up and put a tube in the front gonna give back one more shot been strapped all night its close got a none running 20 gal compressor I'm gonna fill up with my pancake should give me enuff to pop a little tire right

I have only changed a few minibike tires BUT I don't remember seating the beads being nearly as bad as trying to break the old one loose. Maybe I haven't ran into that bear yet.
Nightmare the way they stack them or however they store them the beads are narrow close together and don't wanna spread out to seat

Ps did you get your pulley

Triley41395

Nightmare the way they stack them or however they store them the beads are narrow close together and don't wanna spread out to seat

Ps did you get your pulley
I did get it, thank you. I have not tried this yet but someone told me to put short pieces of wood inside the collapsed tire(like 4 pieces)and spread it out extra wide. Place it in the sun for a couple hours and then bring it inside to cool off overnight. Helps the tire stay spread wide appart.

2old2care

"Copy the rubber tip blow gun is that from experience"
If you're asking have I done this, the answer is YES - Jamming the rubber tip gun into the open valve stem lets you put in the biggest air blast your compressor can do - Trying to seat the beads with a regular inflator tip and the valve core in, is a poor second to this.

To seat the bead. If your daring. I’ve done this with success before. Use some sort of flammable aerosol spray. I like silicone spray. Spray inside the tire a good mist and light it. It will blow up and seat the bead. Be careful if you do this. It works like a charm. Maybe google a video first before you try it.

valve core out and seat the back side on the wheel as hard as you can. Just pushing it on by hand usually does the job. But you can hammer it on using a board or if you can sneak a tire iron inside to hammer it on from the front. Sometimes lube helps but it can also hurt when you go to pull on it and seat the the front bead. My pumpers work without using a rubber tip gun but iv had ones in the past that didnt so it depends what youve got.