how to fit cvt without engine risers

vegetable

trying to figure out how to fit a torque converter to my 212 without raising the engine, i have the adjustable motor mount plate from GPS, i tried cutting the metal between the holes but its too slow, the only way i see fitting it with just a half inch of height. slotting the holes will let me cock it more just wondering if that is ok to do. motovox frame

Drilling or slotting between holes and grinding down one gusset on the back of the CVT plate will allow you to rotate the plate, raising the driven. A carbide burr made for aluminum will cut through the aluminum CVT plate quickly (aluminum will clog a carbide burr made for steel). It should also be easy to drill with a good drill bit. You could also use a jigsaw with a proper blade. You need to slot/drill all four holes so that you can rotate the plate and keep the opening in the plate centered on the PTO to maintain proper distance between the driver and driven. If you slot it, the slot should curve to maintain the distance from the center opening in the plate. If you drill it, you need to maintain the distance from the center of the opening. The belt is sized to work with the distance between the driver and driven, that is why you need to keep the plate opening centered on the PTO.

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/500/IMG_20170404_202631063.jpg

vegetable

Drilling or slotting between holes and grinding down one gusset on the back of the CVT plate will allow you to rotate the plate, raising the driven. A carbide burr made for aluminum will cut through the aluminum CVT plate quickly (aluminum will clog a carbide burr made for steel). It should also be easy to drill with a good drill bit. You could also use a jigsaw with a proper blade. You need to slot/drill all four holes so that you can rotate the plate and keep the opening in the plate centered on the PTO to maintain proper distance between the driver and driven. If you slot it, the slot should curve to maintain the distance from the center opening in the plate. If you drill it, you need to maintain the distance from the center of the opening. The belt is sized to work with the distance between the driver and driven, that is why you need to keep the plate opening centered on the PTO.

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/500/IMG_20170404_202631063.jpg
thank you so much for the response, this helps me a lot, especially the photo. I will be trying this soon
this forum has helped me so much with my minibike project, can't begin to thank you guys enough!

Is your 212 a Predator? If I remember correctly, most CVT kits come with metric bolts and Predators are threaded for SAE bolts (I imagine someone will correct me if I'm wrong...). Other engines may be threaded for metric bolts... (It's been a while for me, I'm more into e-bikes these days, street legal and quiet so they don't annoy everyone. One of my e-bikes can hit 35 mph which is fast enough for me.) Be sure to use the right bolts for your engine. Rule of thumb: If you can't screw the bolt into the hole with your fingers, don't try to use it! (Years ago, I saw YouTube videos where the person who made the video complained about how hard it was to screw the bolts in, it was due to using the wrong bolts!)

vegetable

Is your 212 a Predator? If I remember correctly, most CVT kits come with metric bolts and Predators are threaded for SAE bolts (I imagine someone will correct me if I'm wrong...). Other engines may be threaded for metric bolts... (It's been a while for me, I'm more into e-bikes these days, street legal and quiet so they don't annoy everyone. One of my e-bikes can hit 35 mph which is fast enough for me.) Be sure to use the right bolts for your engine. Rule of thumb: If you can't screw the bolt into the hole with your fingers, don't try to use it! (Years ago, I saw YouTube videos where the person who made the video complained about how hard it was to screw the bolts in, it was due to using the wrong bolts!)
i bought a torque converter kit for my tillotson, bolts thread in just fine. Managed to drill out the center piece and slot out the holes, the plate fits up nice, albeit i have to get washers to space it out just a tiny bit more due to the belt rubbing on the frame a little bit