How To Make Mini Bike Street Legal?

I know for sure in MI you need DOT tires if you are going to register as a motorcycle which would be over 50cc. Unless I could get it passed off as a 50cc moped :p

I know this sounds like a cope out but just go buy a 49 cc honda ruckus, in Georgia you can drive them on the road with no tag or insurance and I think Florida is the same. I drive my minibikes on the street in the neighborhood without anyone complaining but when I head for the main road I ride my 150 scooter as it's less hassle that trying to register any of my minibikes and having the state tell me NO. Also to be truthful the scooter is a lot more comfortable especially at speeds over 25 mph. :shrug:

KB2ROCKET

the key thing that mini's are lacking is a vin #
you must have sales slips for everything on the bike and it must be inspected and approved before a vin will be issued
good luck

the key thing that mini's are lacking is a vin #
you must have sales slips for everything on the bike and it must be inspected and approved before a vin will be issued
good luck
You beat me to it!!!
I haven't explored this avenue here in Jersey, but I would expect it to be everything you said X3!!!
You would think that with gas prices the way they are, states would encourage "alternate" forms of transportation such as mini bikes and make them legal for street use. Just not on the main highways.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
If anyone ever finds DOT tires for a 6" wheel make sure you post where you got them from. I could never find them. I wanted to make my TT500 street legal :(
How tall is the 6" tire you have now? OR what size is it?

Some go kart tires are rated for 100mph and may be an option.

Looked at one today rated for 100mph, but was 5" rim size. ( 11x6.00 - 5 )

theyre not real picky here in NY . they just want your money :laugh: if you get it done as a scooter no inspection is required so tires dont matter. and even if it was inspected they probrobly wouldnt check for that

How tall is the 6" tire you have now? OR what size is it?

Some go kart tires are rated for 100mph and may be an option.

Looked at one today rated for 100mph, but was 5" rim size. ( 11x6.00 - 5 )
thread is 2 yrs old so don't expect an answer.
i wanted to know the outcome though...........

dshot59

There is no inspection for motorcycles in Jersey anymore either. Self inspection :thumbsup: You do however need a headlight , tail/brake light, left mirror and a horn. And to be registered and insured.