HS 40 rings

So I am seeking out some Tecumseh gurus knowledge here, I have a Rupp spec HS40 with a good .10 over bore. Ten over rings are hard to come by but I got these rings off of eBay, nos supposedly. But one of the compression rings is thinner around than the other. Never seen this before, so did I get a mismatched set here? The gap is the same on both rings when they’re in the bore. What do you think would be the problem if I used these together? Obviously the ring land in the piston won’t be narrower. They are the same height but one is narrower around.

Attachments

markus

Its missing the expanders, The thinner, 2nd ring, should have a thinner expander ring like the bottom oiler ring has on that version rings.

Sorry dark pic, this .020 over set just happens to be sitting on my desk though and I did not want to get up :D IMG_2521.JPG

markus

Ok thanks. I have the expanders, two of them. It’s that one of the rings is thinner around. (Depth) Was two different sizes made?

Yes, they had a few different ring designs, again the expander takes up the space and must be used with that version ring.... Notch faces down. This version Is like the "emmisions" rings in later models but still the "thick ring" as long as your ring groove pistone side clearence is I think between .002-.004 on the HS40 it is the correct ring for the piston.

IMG_2523.JPG