hs40 crankshaft.

just bought a lighted rupp hs40 slant motor small blower cover and long ballbearing crank. took it apart and its got a bad crank journal. can it be welded and reground. if not would a would a standard short ballbearing crank work with the lighted flywheel. anthony.

markus

@delray has a contact/source to get the cranks reground. To answer your 2nd question, yes a standard length ball bearing crankshaft up to 1980 will fit and work just fine (hs40 only)......Problem is it will be just as tough to source one as it would the longer.

colt 1911

just bought a lighted rupp hs40 slant motor small blower cover and long ballbearing crank. took it apart and its got a bad crank journal. can it be welded and reground. if not would a would a standard short ballbearing crank work with the lighted flywheel. anthony.
advance auto machine shop 1818 north central ave marsfield wi. 54449 715-384-0001

ELT

My machine shop grinds the rod journal round. Then they machine some material off the rod cap and bolt it back together. Then they bore the rod to the size they ground the crank pin to. This reclaims the rod as well as the crankshaft.

delray

My machine shop grinds the rod journal round. Then they machine some material off the rod cap and bolt it back together. Then they bore the rod to the size they ground the crank pin to. This reclaims the rod as well as the crankshaft.
reclaiming the rod journal is a really bad ideal on hs-40 engines. the stock rods are weak to begin with. taking more material off would not be good at all.
i have seen the 5hp rods look to be built little better and the ohh-stock rods are good too. they might be ok to do that? still would not let the rod spin over 3600 rpm's if i did that to it. billet rod would fix all of that when it comes to safey integrity.

help. i listed a lighted rupp hs40 flywheel and lighted coil on eBay. i looked up rupp parts on eBay and don't see it. what is the best category to list it in. anthony.

To be honest I would list it under Tecumseh
Rupp is only one manufacturer that used Hs40s
BTW I might bid on it looking for another lighted motor
mass it is only the flywheel and lighting coil not the whole motor. if you find my listing send me a post. and tell me where it is. i can't find the dam thing. thanks anthony.