Hs40 exhaust bolts

mustangfrank

Looking for size and or part number for my hs40 motor. Thanks. I have the original Taylor exhaust
Just picked this up today, same as another original I had...Tecumseh used the philips/hex head for awhile. I'll pull one for size tomorrow if you still haven't gotten a response...probably 5/16" or 3/8" off the top of my head.

20210522_225252.jpg

Bbqman

Looking for size and or part number for my hs40 motor. Thanks. I have the original Taylor exhaust
I had the hex with the Phillips in the middle with those "star" washers. I went out for a little rip yesterday and both came out. I checked them And every other bolt before I rode because I just put it back together. I guess I need to buy some real lock washers. Thanks for your input, it is appreciated

mustangfrank

I had the hex with the Phillips in the middle with those "star" washers. I went out for a little rip yesterday and both came out. I checked them And every other bolt before I rode because I just put it back together. I guess I need to buy some real lock washers. Thanks for your input, it is appreciated
Check the hole depth and go with longer bolts if possible too.