Hunt Wilde grips

Addicted 2 Minis

Before spending your hard earned money on those "NOS Hunt Wilde" grips you see on eBay, read this!, https://www.prweb.com/releases/hunt-wilde/grips/prweb8909493.htm . Like many of you, I turned to eBay to purchase, and over paid for what I thought were "NOS Hunt Wilde" grips, only to find out that they're still being made. There's no need to overpay those lying eBay sellers. GripWorks has a list of all the Hunt Wilde grips you thought were extinct, https://www.gripworks.com/hunt_wilde_brand_injection-molded-grips.htm . You can purchase most styles in Minipaks of 25 for around $45. That may seem like a lot but considering you're getting 5 times as many for the price of 2-3 sets off eBay, it's quite a savings if you build a lot of bikes. You can also find grips at McMaster Carr, there you can purchase smaller quantities and still get more for your money, https://www.mcmaster.com/grips/grips/ .

I don't know of anyone who thought they no longer existed. Some of us were in contact with them to get some of the old sizes made, like the 3/4" size used on the HPE Muskin Cat pegs. Grip Works wanted a minimum order of 5000 units, which would have cost about .08 cents each wholesale.

There has been, and is a long list of Ebay sellers who've tried to cash in, but we've discussed the Hunt WIlde grips on here before.

Addicted 2 Minis

What mainly got me searching is I was looking at the plans for the Tom Thumb and wondered what grips they used. Knowing they used 5/8" tubing for the whole build, I started looking for 5/8" grips. I found the exact ones on eBay not knowing they were still produced and purchased a set for $13, that may not sound like a lot but when I can get 12 sets for the cost of 3 sets off eBay, it is.

Tom_Thumb.jpg

hunte-wilde-model-lg-grip.jpg

Biffmini

Yeah I was wondering about those Cherry brake handles that have been selling on ebay for 15 years as nos
I'd say there legit Dixie International bought shipping containers of these in the seventies
Still had a bunch of pallets when they liquidated a few years ago. That's what your seeing now, the liquidation buy ups.

Addicted 2 Minis

So then what do you do with the other 11 sets........
Seeing how I plan to make some Tom Thumb frames to sell, I couldn't justify $13 a set when I knew they had to be out there cheaper, when I found them, I figured I would share. McMasters has them in a more reasonable 6 pair minimum, hence why I posted the link to theirs as well, or you could sell them on eBay for half of what the others are listing them at and still make money and run those idiots out of town.

Hent

Seeing how I plan to make some Tom Thumb frames to sell, I couldn't justify $13 a set when I knew they had to be out there cheaper, when I found them, I figured I would share. McMasters has them in a more reasonable 6 pair minimum, hence why I posted the link to theirs as well, or you could sell them on eBay for half of what the others are listing them at and still make money and run those idiots out of town.
I'm not sure the ones that come from McMaster Carr are marked "HuntWilde". Years ago they changed and always came unlabeled. Could be different now.