Husqvarna snowmobile 2 stroke engine

fistfullabar

I have a 1971? maybe 72 husqvarna 2 stroke 147cc engine with3/4 3.5 inches shaft i put it side by side with a HS40 to show how big it is :thumbsup: I would like to know as much as i can about:thumbsup::thumbsup:

fistfullabar

Being a snow-mobile engine it will need to loose all that shrouding or it will over heat in Florida :doah:
thanks keep the tips and any ideas for exhaust coming too hey Oldsleds let me hear from ya
what about the flywheel with fins i was thinking it helps keep the air flowing around the engine??

Last edited:
Did you get a new camera or fix your 'puter or both??
Whatever you did-Thank You. It will save me on ammunition :thumbsup: :laugh::laugh:

I'd leave the shrouds on and run turbo blue or any other high octane fuel.
the kart guys up here run it when it gets hot out.runs cooler.

fistfullabar

That is not exclusively a snowmobile engine.

It would have been used for other things too.
What exactly I am not sure but its in the right size range for a fire pump ect...

Its well made

technical details.
http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/HUSI/HUSI1971_AAaa/HUSI1971_AAaa_I7100002_.pdf

Aplication.
PP148
I found this stuff online too i guess that means i can get parts if i need um but why do you say it is well made??It looks well made all cast aluminum the carb is Hl282A it is for chainsaws and golf carts:laugh: i made the header so far how do it look any more ideas????

oldsledz

That motor was used in 1970 Polaris Playmates and Homelite Ranger snowmobiles, the Homelite snowmobiles were made by Polaris. Keep the tins on the engine it needs them to direct the air around the motor from the fins on the flywheel.

fistfullabar

That motor was used in 1970 Polaris Playmates and Homelite Ranger snowmobiles, the Homelite snowmobiles were made by Polaris. Keep the tins on the engine it needs them to direct the air around the motor from the fins on the flywheel.
That is what i thought any more info??

How about you just run it and let US know how it runs? I think it will be pretty sweet actually. Hell it is making 10 HP that's more than a stock bender. It would be nice to have all the CVT parts to go along with it. Probably designed to run at 8,000 rpm
I want it-

fistfullabar

thanks for all the helps so far still need to make the pipe and find a clutch before i run it
Please help me find out what these holes on both side of the crankshaft output are used for
they are threaded :shrug::confused: