Hydraulic brake issue

Ive had a few and was adjusting the mechanical brakes and stuff and they do work alright but if you put the juicer brakes on- ur done messing with them........once you get the bugs worked out. I ride mostly on grass and dirt.

i have had two of these hydro brakes and have the same problem with both of them. the bottom rubber piece that floats the pads comes off. promod doesnt sell parts, just complete units. any idea on how i can fix this??

thanks

tt

We sell replacement calipers for 22.95, comes with pads, banjo bolt/seals and all.
Best to make sure there's no alignment issues or run out in the rotor beating the bushings up. Overheating the brakes will take out the bushings too.

Brake Systems and Parts

But if that's all that's keepin you from riding then here's a simple fix.
Just make your own bushing. Use some electrical shrink tubing.
I put 3 layers on the pin to get it to fit the hole properly.
You could also go with a piece of fuel line. Silicone line would stand up to heat well if your hard on your brakes. Just need the right size.

May be good to glue the first layer of shrink tubing or fuel line on to the pin.
Some shrink tubing has a glue layer already though.

Thanks for the easy fix. Something else must be at woek here though. Both brake failures have been on the badger100. My db30 hasn't had any problems. This badger 100 must have a warped disc or somehow is overheating. I ride both bikes the same way...either WOT or nothing....

TT

Anybody ever have to put washers between the calliper and the outside brake shoe holder, to get a proper gap so they shoes can fit over the disk?? that the only way I can get mine to fit over the disk

I had to space as well. I do brakes for a living so checking for warped things is first nature for me. I did notice though that the line was so stiff it would not allow the caliper to lay in the correct spot on the bracket without forcing it. The caliper was sitting crooked on the slides (from being forced into position) so I took the whole line off the caliper re clocked it accordingly so that the caliper would just lay on the mount without forcing it, bled the brakes and have never had a problem since. So some of you who are having issues maybe just check for the same thing it really worked great. Don't force it on the mount get it to lay on the bracket without resistance. Either way the spacing was a issue and the bracket was not bent but on a solid 90 off the frame. Looked correct to me so I used 2 small nuts for my spacing(same size as the mounting nuts) everything lined up nice.

2SlickNick

My hydraulic brakes from HRMB failed after a few months of hardcore braking and riding with sidecar anywhere from 300-450 lbs on those brakes driven at least 3-5 a week.
Mine did snap off at that bracket, but I think it was related to pads being very worn down.... And caliper had nothing to grip with. I replaced pads and bracket and good to go. I do always pump my brakes to, as to not put all constant stopping force on'em.

Anybody have a issue with the pads falling out, I have the V thingy in their but have lost the pads twice, just the one on the piston side

thanks