I Am Back!.....(Well, Mostly)

Tomorrow will be 6 weeks and I am just beginning to feel human again. Today I started off with no pain whatsoever. This is the first day I can move and walk pain free (so far). I can see the light at the end and because I am off of the heavy meds I can think again. I still need a few more weeks or maybe months but it's seems all good the way things are going.

SOOO.....
Thank you ALL for the many well wishes and thoughts/prayers. Frankly it doesn't look like I would have lived more than another 6 months at best without the surgery. I now look back at everyone's kind words and realize what a great group of people there are here and how much those words truly meant. I have no words other than thank you.

Just a quick shout to two people. Ogy sent me an actual letter because we are both old school and he wanted an actual old school communication. I laughed pretty hard (hurt my chest a little lol). I loved it. Thanks Ogy!!

And to Fantic Freddy. He has visited every week and spent time with me when looking at 4 walls was just mentally challenging me. I so needed some company and he made sure I had that. Pretty amazing I think. He even took me to Cabelas on the other side of town to let me walk a little. It took all my energy but it was awesome to get out. Thank you Fred!!

I am so glad I am a part of this group. You are ALL a class act.

Hopefully I can get on a bike by June. That's my measure of when I will be fully healed.:laugh:

Doc

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

Ain't no folks better than the three Amigos! Doc, Frantic Freddy, and Ogy!

Glad you're feeling better Doc! We need you around to show us hacks what to do!

...and yes, I meant FRANTIC Freddy

Valocalrep

Welcome back to the fun im getting ready to hop back in the saddle too i have a project lined up so it should be fun to start up again.

buckeye

Well said.
Glad pain,is,improved.
If you actually a what they do and the tools they use to do that surgery, you would understand why you felt like a truck ran you over.
Welcome back.

Glad to see you posting again Doc! That means you are starting to feel some improvement. You have been in ALL of our thoughts and prayers and it's nice to see you back at it.
Pat

Welcome back Dale !

I am glad to hear you are starting to feel better. And we are also looking forward to seeing you and your family in Windber !

Freddy, and Ogy, thanks....:thumbsup:...!

Take care.

Awesome news Dale!! Glad to have you back!! :thumbsup: Now I know you were on meds but we talked about a highly collectible mini that you were going to send me free of charge!! You remember that?!! :lol::lol::lol:

Way to go Doc! As a survivor of two open heart surgeries I could sympathize with what you were going through each step of the way. It's a bitch at first but each day it does get better. Eventually you begin to become re-interested in things you used to do and little by little you get back to them. Once I got back on my feet and could climb stairs; the first thing I did was walk down the 15 steps to my shop and just sat there and looked at my shop and my bikes. That's when I knew that I was back! Sounds like you're about ready to do the same. Welcome back Doc. Time to start thinking about that Fox Campus you got sitting on the shelf there...lol. Your friend, Ogy