I bought the plans to make this 4 wheeler!!

Hey All, I bought the plans to make this 4 wheeler. This oughtta be fun!!!
If Hent says its ok, I'll start a Project thread as I go Along. I have most of the material at work so I dont really need much other than a seat from
KS8ball. I Dig the old school vibe of it!

Heres a pic!

Heres their website.
http://mxk.com/

Vincent on Jays forum has a yellow one and thats what turned me onto it.

Bottom two frame sections are almost tacked together!! Is that one yours?

I Cant. I basically signed a statement when I bought them that I wouldn't disclose plans. :( Sorry about that. You Understand.

The plans are only $9 on ebay btw..

I almost built somthing like that but then i got a regular 3 wheeler. I still might someday. Im working on a gocart right now with full suspention. Its the first time iv built anything with suspention and its awesome but tons of work. Well se ehow she goes. Good luck with yours :)

Nice color scheme BB. I have those plans. I printed mine out when I got them. I lose stuff on the computer. Also, that way I have a hard copy for the shop to go by. Still haven't gotten around to buying the steel to start on it . Maybe one day......

BB Are there Plans for that 4 wheeler on the net i can buy?

I'll build both of them.. :)
The plans are not on the net, they are in my head :wink:

It's nothing complicated, really. I just sat on a computer chair with a measuring tape and figured out what the basic dimensions had to be to make it comfortable. Then I built the whole thing around these measurements, based on the items I had collected, while keeping it small enough to fit in my truck's bed. Forms follows function, as they say.

The most important thing is to have all the important items (engine, clutch wheels, etc) before you start working. This way you can make sure everything fits together and you don't have to go back and hack the pieces you just welded. Changing something on paper is easy and costs nothing!

I just bought those plans off ebay as well, Looks like a fun project but the thing I don't like about the design from what I can see in the picture is that a single arm is used for the from suspension? I think you hit something light it would bend that all outta whack. I'm thinking of a double V wishbone style like a real 4-wheeler uses, otherwise looks like a great project!