I don't know what I got here?

Naythan , It looks like an H35 Tecumseh or 3 1/2 hp . There should be some numbers stamped in the top of the sheet metal blower housing . These numbers will tell you what it is an the year model . Its a side popper so its an H35 or smaller .

Naythan , It looks like an H35 Tecumseh or 3 1/2 hp . There should be some numbers stamped in the top of the sheet metal blower housing . These numbers will tell you what it is an the year model . Its a side popper so its an H35 or smaller .
Thanks OND. This will help us restore this one.

markus

The bike itself is a small frame model that a company called Bird produced and sold. They were sold with various names and small changes through the years, but they made them from 1969-about 1985 yours is a later version due to the steel scrub brake pad (that hits the tire) and the center kickstand, problaby even post 1980 since there is not a fork plate. Heres an '83/'84 I did a "spraybomb refresh" years back as an example to compare to your frame...

On the engine, well its not originally a mini bike engine. can still most likely be used of course with some mods and it is in the same HP range most likely as the original. I If it does still retain its tag with the engine numbers, I would be interested to know what they are......there is something, rather lack of something, on that block and has me curious about its setup.

Have fun with it, those are small bikes but have a really cool classic minibike look to them!

The bike itself is a small frame model that a company called Bird produced and sold. They were sold with various names and small changes through the years, but they made them from 1969-about 1985 yours is a later version due to the steel scrub brake pad (that hits the tire) and the center kickstand, problaby even post 1980 since there is not a fork plate. Heres an '83/'84 I did a "spraybomb refresh" years back as an example to compare to your frame...

On the engine, well its not originally a mini bike engine. can still most likely be used of course with some mods and it is in the same HP range most likely as the original. I If it does still retain its tag with the engine numbers, I would be interested to know what they are......there is something, rather lack of something, on that block and has me curious about its setup.

Have fun with it, those are small bikes but have a really cool classic minibike look to them!
Thanks Markus, This really helps us. My 9 yr Grandson is learning a lot about tools, engines and the "restoration processes." I am enjoying as well. I will get more pictures up, before we start this project. He's getting good at taking picks of the "Bird." Markus, it sounds like a great starter for him.