I guess I am the FOOL.

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/...one-tell-how-old-this-briggs-might-be.168301/ Use this thread as reference. I paid for this engine in cash because the seller had no PayPal acct. I sent the money by certified mail and received confirmation that it was received. I wrote an email telling the seller the money was sent but I forgot to send it. The next day I get an "Owey" email from seller because he claims the engine was already at the UPS store. I immediately sent a response stating that I had sent the money and had mistakenly not sent the confirmation as it was still in my draft folder. He emailed the next day apologizing for jumping to conclusions and that he had just received the money. Evidently, he had gone back to the UPS store because he said that they had put a hole in the box and he had to repackage it. This was Friday before Christmas. He promised that if he wasn't able to get it back to UPS that afternoon it would be there first thing Monday (12/23). We are now at more than two weeks and so far no engine and no response to any of my emails. So it looks like he is guilty of what he originally accused me of doing. I am posting his name and email in case anyone might know him. I believe he is in Baker City, Oregon. His name is Roy Fontenot and his email is blackironforgeco@hotmail.com Don't know that this will do any good other than to make me feel a little better. BTW he quoted me $33 for shipping and the motor was $100 so I sent him $150 and told him the extra was for his time and trouble.

Itype2slo

That's a bummer. I know some guys hate paypal for whatever reasons, but I gotta red flag those without it. Just me. Hopefully he is just off on a bender and will send your engine when he sobers up. Good Luck.

That's a bummer. I know some guys hate paypal for whatever reasons, but I gotta red flag those without it. Just me. Hopefully he is just off on a bender and will send your engine when he sobers up. Good Luck.
I agree. And I always add the fee's, not friend if I don't know the person. Saved me a couple times. Not that I haven't ever been burnt. Lol

Fourtogo

There’s always a friend that has PayPal BitCoin that would help them . If you know what city the jerk is In you can start looking . I had guy try and stiff me , just his luck I accidentally got his sister inlaw on phone . She ratted the punk out for his phone number . His dad answered phone , and was pissed about his son trying screw me . I go my parts

Addicted 2 Minis

Just a few weeks ago I saw a new member going by the name Rusty Shackleford. Well, about 4 years ago, I bought a Honda Z50 K1 frame from Rusty Shackleford off eBay whos eBay username was Barnstormer something. Anyhow Rusty Shackleford/Barnstormers real name is Mike Parma, he asked if I could pay though PayPal outside of eBay because he was strapped for cash. I figured since it was going through PayPal the chances of getting burned were less. So I paid Mike and waited for it to arrive, after about two weeks of silence I figured I would give Mike a shout. He said, Oh, I'm really sorry, I didn't get to ship it out because I had to use the money for something else. I then started a claim through PayPal and it locked his account, that got his attention but then I had to hear a big sob story that he wouldn't be able to pay anything with his account being locked. Out of the kindness of my heart, I stopped the claim and haven't heard from him since. When I saw him as a new user here, I sent him a message, Is this the Mike Parma that still owes me a Honda Z50 frame?, I still have the e-mails pertaining to the sale, still haven't heard back, hopefully I scared him off, don't need deadbeats like that here.

Yeah that's him but I need everyone to stand down. I finally heard from his son. His Dad was in a snowmobile accident that weekend. His son has shipped the motor (Tracking Number Provided) and it will be here tomorrow. I should have trusted my original gut on this and not thought bad until I was absolutely sure. Thank you all for the support and I will certainly use this as a learning experience. Fred

Addicted 2 Minis

Yeah that's him but I need everyone to stand down. I finally heard from his son. His Dad was in a snowmobile accident that weekend. His son has shipped the motor (Tracking Number Provided) and it will be here tomorrow. I should have trusted my original gut on this and not thought bad until I was absolutely sure. Thank you all for the support and I will certainly use this as a learning experience. Fred
Well, let's hope he's alright, you win some and lose some ($150 in my case), I figure karma will catch up to the dishonest ones.

There is alot of Misleading people that most of you know and would say is a friend Without mentioning names because i know who they are and Everyone else Also !!! But Karma is Relentless and has a Lifetime of Paying Back over and over and over Again !!! I have to say Good is A Lifetime of Rewards !!! It's a Small World !!! Once You Mislead One Person the World is Now onto You !!! If you have been Mislead and would Like to Only Post the Person First and Last initials i Think there would be no Harm in that .Only yourself that was Mislead would Recognize the initials. (Only Initials) Or site will be Deleted. May God Help the Misleading !!!

We will see in the days to come. I ran the tracking number I was given and it came back invalid. I am hoping that is a typing error. I'll keep you guys posted.

There is alot of Misleading people that most of you know and would say is a friend Without mentioning names because i know who they are and Everyone else Also !!! But Karma is Relentless and has a Lifetime of Paying Back over and over and over Again !!! I have to say Good is A Lifetime of Rewards !!! It's a Small World !!! Once You Mislead One Person the World is Now onto You !!! If you have been Mislead and would Like to Only Post the Person First and Last initials i Think there would be no Harm in that .Only yourself that was Mislead would Recognize the initials. (Only Initials) Or site will be Deleted. May God Help the Misleading !!!

We will see in the days to come. I ran the tracking number I was given and it came back invalid. I am hoping that is a typing error. I'll keep you guys posted.
I have a 1963 dirt bike i bought and the same thing happened .I had the address of the seller !!! I talk to the Police in his area and he sympathized with my situation and went to his house ! No body answered but he left his card . Bike was sent next day !!! American's at there Best !!!

I have a 1963 dirt bike i bought and the same thing happened .I had the address of the seller !!! I talk to the Police in his area and he sympathized with my situation and went to his house ! No body answered but he left his card . Bike was sent next day !!! American's at there Best !!!
That’s damn impressive...I can’t get them to come to My neighborhood when I have a burglar at knife point.....