I have an issue

MSPTREX

Oldminibikes.com I have an issue that I feel is going to keep me from shipping mini bikes and mini bike related things in the future. I am going to try to keep this as vague as possible.

I had a bike listed on here for sale for quite awhile. End of last year finally had an interested party. We worked out the details via email and I got the bike ready to ship. I've shipped quite a few bikes so I already knew the routine on what I had to do. I sent pictures of the bike before boxing, during boxing, and after boxing. Recieved payment via PayPal and buyer decided not to pay paypal fees. I take bike to fed ex and ship it with insurance and provide tracking to buyer.

Buyer receives bike and says the handlebars and neck tube are bent. That is a major bummer so we start the fed ex claim process. Buyer sends me pictures of only the bent bars. No pictures of a damaged box or the damaged neck tube. I submit the handlebar pictures to Fed ex claim as that is only thing he sent me. 2 weeks later Fed ex rejects claim for not enough evidence.

Buyer is now upset and says I sent a bike that was bent before I shipped it and wants some type of reimbursement. I ask for more pictures of the damage and he has not provided them. At this point I feel I am not responsible to give some type of reimbursement without some more proof.

I am not a liar or a scammer and have shipped many mini bikes and mini bike related items before this with zero issues. There is many people in the hobby that would vouch for me. I am in a tough spot and seeking the members thoughts.

mustangfrank

Oldminibikes.com I have an issue that I feel is going to keep me from shipping mini bikes and mini bike related things in the future. I am going to try to keep this as vague as possible.

I had a bike listed on here for sale for quite awhile. End of last year finally had an interested party. We worked out the details via email and I got the bike ready to ship. I've shipped quite a few bikes so I already knew the routine on what I had to do. I sent pictures of the bike before boxing, during boxing, and after boxing. Recieved payment via PayPal and buyer decided not to pay paypal fees. I take bike to fed ex and ship it with insurance and provide tracking to buyer.

Buyer receives bike and says the handlebars and neck tube are bent. That is a major bummer so we start the fed ex claim process. Buyer sends me pictures of only the bent bars. No pictures of a damaged box or the damaged neck tube. I submit the handlebar pictures to Fed ex claim as that is only thing he sent me. 2 weeks later Fed ex rejects claim for not enough evidence.

Buyer is now upset and says I sent a bike that was bent before I shipped it and wants some type of reimbursement. I ask for more pictures of the damage and he has not provided them. At this point I feel I am not responsible to give some type of reimbursement without some more proof.

I am not a liar or a scammer and have shipped many mini bikes and mini bike related items before this with zero issues. There is many people in the hobby that would vouch for me. I am in a tough spot and seeking the members thoughts.
If you received a payment through PayPal for an item, not friend you risk the buyer going through PayPal for a refund and they side with buyers pretty much automatically.

I'd come up with an amount that both parties agree on the cost of the damage and make sending you pictures of the damaged box as a condition before sending the refund. Hopefully you can recoup through FedEx afterwards.

colt 1911

i am not sure how fedex insurance works. i use ups to ship. ups will work with the buyer and get the seller out of the middle of the claim. looks to me like this person want's an easy way out of making the claim. and force you to pay.

Don't give up on humanity on this site. Overall a great bunch of folks here. Bad apples...

Hopefully you have pictures before you shipped it? You have no control over it when it leaves your possession.
Simple in my world. That's the chance you take when anything is shipped. If it were damaged in shipping it shoulda been refused on the other end.
If they're not willing to seems any and all pics you feel is necessary to warrant a refund. Then I'd say nope ain't happening... aka buyers remorse.

We get a lot of those people on BMX the forum. They make false claims...get a refund and keep the product. Once people catch on they change names and do it again and again. If he provided proof aka pics right off the bat...then I would say it is legit. But taking weeks...he has none. Heck...the rare times I got a damaged box from USP or wherever...I took pics of it on the porch before picking it up. Most the times it is just the box, but I have little faith in the world. the other times I took step by step pics as I removed it and detailed pics of damage. Never had an issue from shipper or seller. Good luck youngin...

minibikefever

sounds like you were 100% honest and took all the pictures before, during and after it was packaged, we all know pretty much how your stuff is treated after you drop it off or have it picked up by most shippers, how can you reimburse someone who didn't take pictures of a damaged package? sure your not happy that there is a problem but you should have no problem sleeping, good luck.

I do the same thing when I get a damaged box. I take those pictures right on the porch.
Best way to do it. below is how my Briggs Vanguard engine showed up this past week. I took pics immediately and before it came out of the box. Explained to the seller that the engine was damaged due to poor packing and then I let him know how much parts will cost to fix it and that I did not intend to return it but wanted him know what happened. Left it up to him to decide what he wanted do if anything. To my surprise he replied, apologized, and offered partial refund. Pictures are everything.

0C082C3C-F0B9-4F47-9DC6-C0C871634F7F.jpeg 5FACC0E9-A215-4B5A-9B4B-4AA04C23C4FA.jpeg

Lizardking

The buyer is a member here from what you said in your first post. He can join the thread and tell his side of the story. It's a bad situation for both parties but communication can resolve it. Sadly most of time someone has to lose because the fine print wasn't read. I don't want to sell or buy big items from/to private parties because of problems like these. I know it doesn't happen to everyone but it happens. Good luck on a fast agreement.

Is it the bike I'm thinking of? If so the pictures listed in the classifieds speak for themselves as does your reputation in the hobby. If the buyer has an issue with the item, they need to provide pictures right away and support their claim. I worry every time I ship something because all they buyer has to do is say it isn't in the condition it was described and Paypal will side with them. If I see you at Windber, remind me to tell you the story about the Mac kart my Dad sold and got robbed on by a crooked Ebay buyer....

Itype2slo

Paypal is a service. If the buyer chose to save$ and forgo the insurance F-em. bypassing paypal fees is a red flag you are dealing with a knucklehead. I pay the fee's when I deal with my real friends can't let guard down. People suck.

Is it the bike I'm thinking of? If so the pictures listed in the classifieds speak for themselves as does your reputation in the hobby. If the buyer has an issue with the item, they need to provide pictures right away and support their claim. I worry every time I ship something because all they buyer has to do is say it isn't in the condition it was described and Paypal will side with them. If I see you at Windber, remind me to tell you the story about the Mac kart my Dad sold and got robbed on by a crooked Ebay buyer....
I actually told Kyle some of that story.