I Just (re)Broke My Cherry

Well, after gaining a lot of quality knowledge from the users at OldMiniBikes, more than a month of searching and a very bad jones, I finally purchased a (old style) Doodle Bug Mini Bike today.

Why I wanted one so bad, I have no idea? I owned 2 or 3 as a kid and have been riding very fast/powerful street AND dirt motorcycles for my entire adult life -- but I just had to have a mini bike....like a junky, I needed one.

I guess I'm regressing as I age.

Turns out, the bike was better than I expected. After talking to probably 50 sellers, who told me that their bikes were worth SO much more than the others out there, I found one with a "blown motor" for $80 bucks.

It had a ton of dusk on it from sitting but the guy confessed today that he had only ridden it 5 or 6 times when the engine started giving him problems.

So, I'll be here asking all kinds of stupid questions as I make this thing whole again.

Thanks to all the users here!

Dont forget to search through the "Doodlebug" section and you will see tons of ideas and upgrades for them...even if it is for a small kid..wink wink:laugh:

Pit Bug

Looks really nice.

I can never find a deal like that. :shrug:

:laugh:

I still have brand new motor for one, but I'm sure shipping would kill it being an affordable replacement.:confused:

$80!?!? What a a deal! Time to throw a Predy on it :smile:
That or a Tec 5HP - still deciding.

I noticed a gap between the frame and the forks/triple tree - it doesn't appear that tightening the steering bolt would correct it.

Should there be washers on the bottom side or something? :shrug:

Last edited:
Try this I am still learning myself

Db30 Hensim Doodle Bug 96Cc Mini Bike (Vin Luah)

C&P this link and it has the parts breakdown for the DB30, I too read here for a while before I started back into these things. These guys rock on here. I don't think I would have gotten a DB for what I gave either, but the kid is having fun and I forgot from my teen days how much fun it is working on these little scooters.
red423

Db30 Hensim Doodle Bug 96Cc Mini Bike (Vin Luah)

C&P this link and it has the parts breakdown for the DB30, I too read here for a while before I started back into these things. These guys rock on here. I don't think I would have gotten a DB for what I gave either, but the kid is having fun and I forgot from my teen days how much fun it is working on these little scooters.
red423
Thanks Red for the link - I was following along with your thread as well.

You're right, these guys know their stuff! This is a great resource for any mini bike fan and any small engine fan too.

Good luck!

:thumbsup:

Doodlebug

Hey nice ride...:thumbsup: I have the same bike...see my pics....this one I picked up in mint condition...I recently have picked up another one that I want to customize.These ones are called Baja dirtbug the Canadian version.