I must be missing something

There's a fellow on ebay; item #220710644070: selling a pair of 4.10x3.50x6 (rare) NOS Carlisle double Indian head tires for $125.00 plus $18.50 shipping. What are double Indian head tires and what makes them worth that kind of money. The hell with gold; I'm investing in tires. Ogy

They were the ones actually made in Carlisle. They were used on about half the minis originally. There's an Indian head logo on either side of the word Carlisle on the sidewall, along with Made in U.S.A. There are a couple of later series, the newest being made in China. The quality of the new ones is poor. I bought Cheng Shin, Hi Run, and Carlisle recently. The Carlisles sadly enough were the lowest quality of the three. Lots of people looking for the DIH ones for restorations.

gbones

i got a double indian head carlisle tire when i bought my bird 2 years ago. kind of beat, has a nice slice in it, but i still have it. i decided to keep it after hearing on here how desired they are. its just something else taking up space in my lil closet of a shed.

I feel you ogy
I never thought these tires would actually sell this high if i would have known i would have tried to preserve the ones on my sears mini instead of scrubbing the crap out of them with the brake =(

These just sold for : Winning bid: US $179.26

..wow, those slicks would be good on a go kart.
A lot of the old Carlisle dbl indians had a tread that kind of rolled onto the sidewall...like if you leaned the bike over you would still have good traction. I had the original pair on my survivor Bonanza and I let my kid wear them out :doah::doah:...

You have no idea how much those kart guys spend on real vintage nos parts! i met a collector and racer who has a whole shope full of vintage karts and he told me, they wont let you race your kart unless you either have vintage correct tires or a certain kind. Alot of guys look for those slicks for racing, I can totally belive the price!

You have no idea how much those kart guys spend on real vintage nos parts! i met a collector and racer who has a whole shope full of vintage karts and he told me, they wont let you race your kart unless you either have vintage correct tires or a certain kind. Alot of guys look for those slicks for racing, I can totally belive the price!
...back in my younger days, I fancied myself a backyard inventor. I built a machine that shot hockey pucks, much like a basaeball pitching machine only for goaltending practice. I went to the local kart shop at the time (late 70's) and bought a pair of Goodyear slicks (Blue-Streaks?) to use in the machine. Fast forward 30 years and I decide to part the prototype machine out (DC electric motors, servo motors, controllers, etc)... and sell the stuff on EBay...for the hell of it I put the tires up for sale since they were still like new, had never touched pavement.still had some sticker on them..'bout fainted when the price for them hit $200.

Makes me think I should take the three 4" double indian head sawtooths off my little trike. They are in great shape but sure look sharp on it. The 4" are supposedly the hardest to find but I found mine on CL with several other 4" two piece wheels and tires. $10 for the lot. I have one left I'll save for sure.

Ya...a buddy of mine told me those Carlisle tires with the indian heads came on his mini bike. And if you want to go period correct...you need those specific tires:pimp:

If a guy wants to do a PERFECT era correct and every single part is NOS or original, he might just buy those tires, kind of ridiculous though.