I need help CRACKED METAL HELPP!!!

I don’t know much about the engine or what this crack is please help.the engine is a monster moto 80 cC please send a link if you find what it is 139EDCCF-AC65-4691-844D-14BB8675E2B5.jpeg I 01638686-C700-44C6-A0F9-98B7DB7A96BB.jpeg

Hey folks.

I put this same verbiage in Johnny's other thread.

"Easy y'all.

Let's remember we all start somewhere.

At least Johnny knew to ask.

Let's ease him into this, so it's a good experience for him.

We need all the mini bike allies we can get.

Johnny, ask away with your questions.

Just don't run that motor until the flywheel gets replaced.

A new motor would really serve you best...as a crack like that was not accomplished with normal use, so it's probably been abused !"

And Johnny...welcome to the Oldminibikes.com forum !

Hey folks.

"Easy y'all.

A new motor would really serve you best...as a crack like that was not accomplished with normal use, so it's probably been abused !"

Thank you for the help it really sucks i have to buy a new one especially since i’m in a money crunch. I suppose the deal was too good to be true. I’ll have it sitting there till i get some money from my birthday

Hey folks.

"Easy y'all.

also so the flywheel is replaceable or no?if so how much would it cost?

ugmold

You might be able to find a new flywheel on ebay. But I would save the money and buy a new Predator engine at Harbor Freight, it would be your best bet with your limited knowledge of engines, you can get a 6.5hp for just over $100 and nothing will be wrong with it. Good Luck, take it slow.

Lizardking

Where do you live? With some effort you can find a used replacement for little to no cash if you play your hand right! You just have to be persistent and look on craigslist, offerup faceboo marketplace etc. .

Like others have said, it's not worth trying to fix that engine.

Yes it is.

You'd need to source the correct one for your motor, and replace the existing one.

I didn't see the exact one, but probably close to $50 or more, plus labor, plus unknown internal issues from previous abuse.

Here's a similar brand new 79cc motor from harbor freight for $109.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-hp-...k9WNAY9n7CfR_3nsR-oFU1k_u2S9h1RRoCCYsQAvD_BwE

You can probably install it yourself.

That flywheel had to have been dropped or hit to break it like that imho.
The crappy part was that someone sold it to you like that. They had to have known it was trash.

If you sink more $$$ into this engine and then later find more problems, which is likely, it will have been worth it to spend the $$$ on a brand new engine.