I need some help identifying this.

I have this mini bike that I'm trying to ID, I haven't seen anything similar to it yet. It has a 5hp Detroit engine and a Albion 2 spd trans. Possibly from the Southern California area around 1970, that's when the engine was made. I think it might be a prototype since it's not finished and a lot of the joints are only tack welded. More info on the engine would be nice as well. Thanks
P6111530.JPG
P6151532.JPG
P6151529.JPG
P5311481.JPG

markus

Has a bit of simplex/valiant flavor to it, I see what you mean about the unfinished welds, like it was still in mock up. its pretty neat whatever it is!!! I'll look through what I have for literature/photos.

I did scan the DECO add from a mini bike guide magazine up n here long time back (from March 1970 issue), Its the only thing I have ever really noticed on them and mini bikes. you should be able to click onto it and get it full size if that helps.

Thanks for all the help so far!! I'll tryb to answer some questions. I got this from a friend whose father did fabricating/machine work for some of the go-kart/mini bike companies in southern California. Thanks for the pic of the great ad for DECO. It has never been painted and it has Sebac shocks. Sorry for the Mickey Mouse exhaust. The exhaust on the engine needs to be reworked so it comes out the side, then it will clear the linkage.

P6161553.JPG
P6161560.JPG
P6161562.JPG

Thanks for all the help so far!! I'll tryb to answer some questions. I got this from a friend whose father did fabricating/machine work for some of the go-kart/mini bike companies in southern California. Thanks for the pic of the great ad for DECO. It has never been painted and it has Sebac shocks. Sorry for the Mickey Mouse exhaust. The exhaust on the engine needs to be reworked so it comes out the side, then it will clear the linkage.

View attachment 97776
View attachment 97777
View attachment 97778
You need to find out which companies he did the fabricating for. It may be that he decided to build his own design himself so it may be a one off.

markus

[MENTION=57168]atomicar[/MENTION] Any luck yet? The vantech kinda reminded me of your bike (still not it but a similar build style) May be worth shooting your pics to to the guys at Vantech so see if they had any ideas. I think they were kit oriented in the later 60's/70's, They did make Earls type forks as well.

this photo thanks to USminibikemuseum:

Heres the link for Vantech VanTech Motorcycles