I need your input ideas for a center-stand stop?

I found that while trail riding and carrying a decent load of goodies on my Homelite Trail King scooter that the kick stand I put on the bike would sink into the ground and allow the bike to fall over. Not good when I am miles from any roads in case something gets broken during the fall.
I made a Center-Stand for the bike. I tried several ideas and settled on 9/16" steel rod. 1/2" was just too weak to take the impact of rocks and boulders.
The design allows the stand to be in between the frame about 90% and is heavy enough to really take a pounding which it will.
I lathe turned the top pivot arms ( inward facing) to fit inside of two pieces of high pressure thick walled steel piping. These two pieces will be welded to the underside of the scooters frame. The top and bottom bends for the pivot points and the "feet" were forged and heat treated for strength. The right foot is one inch longer for deployment.
I added a cross member to keep the stand together. A 5/8" bolt and ny-loc nut were added for the return/stowing spring. If the stand rattles I can add a rubber bumper pad if needed.
My questions are:
I would assume that I want to have the stand go slightly PASSED over-center to keep the scooter from falling backward and folding up the stand?
What ideas do you have for a positive stop to keep the stand in place when deployed to keep it from going too far FORWARD under the scooter?
I was thinking perhaps, just a piece of the rod welded to the frame just in front of the over-cent point?
A bolt through the frame blocking the stand from moving forward?
How large of a stop needed? The bike is about 180 pounds empty. Up to 400 pounds fully loaded not including me.
Thanks for your design inputs. I know someone has done this before.

I found that while trail riding and carrying a decent load of goodies on my Homelite Trail King scooter that the kick stand I put on the bike would sink into the ground and allow the bike to fall over. Not good when I am miles from any roads in case something gets broken during the fall.
I made a Center-Stand for the bike. I tried several ideas and settled on 9/16" steel rod. 1/2" was just too weak to take the impact of rocks and boulders.
The design allows the stand to be in between the frame about 90% and is heavy enough to really take a pounding which it will.
I lathe turned the top pivot arms ( inward facing) to fit inside of two pieces of high pressure thick walled steel piping. These two pieces will be welded to the underside of the scooters frame. The top and bottom bends for the pivot points and the "feet" were forged and heat treated for strength. The right foot is one inch longer for deployment.
I added a cross member to keep the stand together. A 5/8" bolt and ny-loc nut were added for the return/stowing spring. If the stand rattles I can add a rubber bumper pad if needed.
My questions are:
I would assume that I want to have the stand go slightly PASSED over-center to keep the scooter from falling backward and folding up the stand?
What ideas do you have for a positive stop to keep the stand in place when deployed to keep it from going too far FORWARD under the scooter?
I was thinking perhaps, just a piece of the rod welded to the frame just in front of the over-cent point?
A bolt through the frame blocking the stand from moving forward?
How large of a stop needed? The bike is about 180 pounds empty. Up to 400 pounds fully loaded not including me.
Thanks for your design inputs. I know someone has done this before.
Beautiful work. I hope the two arms provide enough surface area for soft soil types.
My first thought, and I’m sure you’ve looked at it, is the design that fastens onto the rear axle and when deployed looks like a swing set. You step on the stand and lift together from the rear of the bike. The riding position leaves it up and fastened to the rear cargo deck.
Cool machine.

I just did a trial fit with wire and cardboard. It seems that an over-center of 20 Degrees is just about right. The bike will be trying to collapse the stand backwards even on an incline. I then cut a 3/8" thick piece of steel plate and angled it like a wedge as well as the 20 degree slope on the back end to stop the stand from further movement.
The wedge shape from thinnest to thickest will allow me to slide over boulders and rocks without a dead center hit on the stand -stop.
I do not like where I mounted the spring return. I will be moving it up 6 inches and using a shorter and much stronger spring.
A test function of the stand clears the drive chain when folded up to the stow position. Nothing gets into the way.
If the "feet" do sink into the soft NM soil too much I can weld wider foot print onto each leg.
The stand will also protect the underside of the frame and transmission mounting really helping by taking the brunt forces of a collision with a boulder/rock.
standA.jpg
stop.jpg