I picked this bike up this weekend at a yard sale for $100 - any thoughts?

I picked up this bike over the weekend at a yard sale for $100. I bike needed nothing over than a slight chain adjustment which I have not done yet. The engine although its missing the air filter assembly , runs great. The previous owner was a gentleman in late 60s and said the bike had been sitting in his basement untouched for over 20 years. He said prior to the yard sale he flushed out the fuel system, changed the oil and installed a new carb. He said that he bought it from a guy he worked with in the early 90s. The engine is a 5hp Briggs manufactured in March of 1990, but I highly doubt that the engine is the original. The bike is currently a pinkish-red, but you can tell it was originally white. I can't find any information regarding who manufactured the frame. Let me know if you have any information regarding the manufacture/ballpark figure of when it was built.

I bought this bike so my daughter and I can go on rides together. I also posted a pic of my current bike as well.

Thanks for your time!

Attachments

The seller also gave me a box of parts. It contained an old clutch and an original rear fender with all the nuts and bolts if I decide to put it back on the bike. The fender is in great shape and is white. Was it a good deal for $100? He was asking $250 for the bike but I told him I only had $100 on me, he took it....he also delivered it to my house. Super nice guy.

markus

Thanks for the info! Would you say it's late 60s/early 70s?
post 1970 for that build style on the frame. They sold them under a few names depending on year or who sold them. the rear wheel is not correct for the bike, it would have had a one piece steel rear like front is is probably a #40 chain with floating disc brake that use the sprocket as the rotor. They were around for a few years in the earlier 70's your lucky the fender mounts are still intact, those things broke off pretty easy.

heres a really nice 110 scamp version as an example:

The seller also gave me a box of parts. It contained an old clutch and an original rear fender with all the nuts and bolts if I decide to put it back on the bike. The fender is in great shape and is white. Was it a good deal for $100? He was asking $250 for the bike but I told him I only had $100 on me, he took it....he also delivered it to my house. Super nice guy.
I think you got a good deal on the bike $100.00 is a decent price . Post up a pic of those parts you got .