I started building a mini bike...

Found a piece of exercise equipment in my yard, then i thought, here it begins...
Ran out of those tubes, then found a barbell sleeve in my yard, holy crap!...Same size!

Shopping O.M.B. Warehouse for a mini-bike sans frame, looking to get Coleman size tires, they are 8" in diameter right? What do they mean by 7.00-8?

I bought shocks at Princess Auto for the rear, the front suspension will be a springer set-up with deep freezer hinge springs.

Attachments

mustangfrank

Found a piece of exercise equipment in my yard, then i thought, here it begins...
Ran out of those tubes, then found a barbell sleeve in my yard, holy crap!...Same size!

Shopping O.M.B. Warehouse for a mini-bike sans frame, looking to get Coleman size tires, they are 8" in diameter right? What do they mean by 7.00-8?

I bought shocks at Princess Auto for the rear, the front suspension will be a springer set-up with deep freezer hinge springs.
A+ for creativity, keep at it. That would be the width and the rim diameter, missing the first number which would be the tire diameter.

7" section width, so widest point, for an 8" rim. If the manufacturer gives true measurements, they're always close but hardly ever exact.
See that bike in the background, I have a dilemma, It was left behind by someone who moved, I need a steering tube, do I give the bike to goodwill and get a steer tube from the junkyard?
...I'll donate the bike, I'm taking scrap to the scrapyard on Thursday anyway, tons of bikes there. The Kranked bike has an aluminum frame, no good for me.

I am shopping OldMiniBikes warehouse for coleman sized tires, rims, bolts, etc. everything I need to get rolling,...and stopping.
Most of his tires are sold out, so I have to order them separate somewhere.
I'm surprised he has other sans frame kits, but none for the 19, 7-8 tires, I am using My BT200x as a reference template for the new bike, so all the rim and tire measurements I want to be the same. I am also 6'2", so I want big-mini tires.

Now look at these deep freezer hinge springs! I'm thinking using all 4 would be too stiff a ride, maybe 2? I don't know yet.

And check out this chair, look at those reclining guide bars! Just dying to become part of my springer fork! And look at the rest of that chair, if you guys can't see a mini-bike being made out of that, I'll will have to lose respect for that person. ;-)

The third pic is my Mastercraft mig/flux welder, it's always on sale between $2-300.00 CDN, I bought mine for $224.00 CDN some years ago, one of the best things I ever bought, combine that with an angle grinder, and you will have reached 'Metal God' status!

Attachments

This is about 4 days of work, but now my vacation is over. :-(
I will need time at work to heal the burns on my hand, seems I have Bart Simpson's electric cupcake syndrome, Idiot boy forgets metal is HOT for a long time after a weld.
This is NOT the final product, any suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

Just an update, the motor I put in just for the pic and to size it up for fitment, it's a Power Fist 208cc! Was waiting for them to go on sale, only $130.00CDN. May get another.
The gooseneck has been replaced and moved forward as I had gooseneck quality issues and steering radius issues, but now I can adjust my fork pitch (I'll explain later). (Note, I spray Fluid Film on my metal for rust prevention, looks awful, but it works!)

The bolts in the suspension are temporary to see how functional the springer fork is, it works nice! The lower springs are from a small deep freeze.

I assume I will have to work on the right rear riser as I see drive-chain interference.

Next week I hope to have the rear shocks and swing arm and tire put on, more reinforcement of the front suspension parts, etc.

Any suggestions are welcome!
IMG_0703.JPG IMG_0704.JPG IMG_0705.JPG mini proj.png mini proj2.png mini proj3.png