Identify this engine

I got three mini bikes for $100.00. One of them, a Huskee Trail Rider, had this engine on it. I am unable to find any numbers, other than some cast numbers (13 and 1S), on it. The guy I got them from inherit them from his Father in Law. It caught fire when he rode it. I found a wasp nest in the intake valve chamber, after taking it apart. It does rotate and now has great compression. It does need a number of parts but, is doable. As can be seen in the pictures, the piston looks to be new. Same with the head gasket. The melted blob of aluminum was the carburetor! Any decals that were on the heat shields were burned off. Any help identifying this motor will be greatly appreciated. Also, I’m very sure it is not the original engine.

Attachments

Another question about this engine. Is it possible that this is a Raptor 1? I haven't had time to do anything to it as I work for the UP Railroad and don't get home much. When I do, I had to devote time to the Harley's, house and, wife. I am looking to start ordering parts so to get this thing up and purring. Thanks for any info someone may have.

Another question about this engine. Is it possible that this is a Raptor 1? I haven't had time to do anything to it as I work for the UP Railroad and don't get home much. When I do, I had to devote time to the Harley's, house and, wife. I am looking to start ordering parts so to get this thing up and purring. Thanks for any info someone may have.
No it is not a Raptor, The Raptor engines did not have a governor. Do you have the pull start cover?

No it is not a Raptor, The Raptor engines did not have a governor. Do you have the pull start cover?
I do have the cover but, there are no decals on it. Also, I'm in Beaumont, TX right now and no idea when I'll be home (I live in Missouri.) I'm having a hard time identifying exactly what model this engine is.

That engine looks like it got pretty hot to melt the carb and the ignition lead. Assuming that it is a points engine you want to pull the flywheel and change the condenser /point set up as well any other parts which may have been exposed to excessive heat. Also check the crank seal on the magneto side.

In addition, most Briggs don't have decals , they have numbers stamped in the shroud . Most old flatheads have the numbers stamped in the back of the shroud . Check there when you get a chance and it would also be helpful to post pics of the shrouds here to help others identify

Thanks for the info about the shroud and, other things that need to be checked.
This will be a complete rebuild, if all needed parts are available.
Next time I'm home I'll post some pics of the shroud. Could be awhile. Railroad keeps me away from home.