idling issue

Hello,

Ive been having some trouble with a 6.5 clone I built, it seems to rev on its own even at choke and wants to take off when i un-choke it , here are the mods ive done:

removed governor
#90 jet
header
air filter

I am using an after market linkage kit for my throttle, here's the link for that.

Affordable Go Karts - Throttle Linkage Kit & Instructions they show several on the page, the one i have is the first one you see, along with directions and several photos.

I am open to all ideas and suggestions, Thanks.

You might have a lean idle now and may need to drill your Idle jet.

Or the air screw may have enough adjustment in it to help. In is rich on that out leans the mix

install a return spring. you need a spring to help the throttle shaft stay closed at idle.
I actually just came in from doing just that, while the throttle works wonderfully now, and possibly may have helped a little bit, ive come to a new conclusion.

After letting it run at idle a little bit, it still wants to take off a bit, and now im starting to smell the clutch burning, so I believe the clutch is coming in to high.

It is a regular max torque #35 clutch, any ideas guys?

I actually just came in from doing just that, while the throttle works wonderfully now, and possibly may have helped a little bit, ive come to a new conclusion.

After letting it run at idle a little bit, it still wants to take off a bit, and now im starting to smell the clutch burning, so I believe the clutch is coming in to high.

It is a regular max torque #35 clutch, any ideas guys?
back off the idle stop screw