I'm changing the game!

rmm727

I don't care for Jeep Forum. Seems to be only people who bought a Jeep just to be cool. Don't know anything about them. I have a Cherokee and used to be on NAXJA alot before I found this site. Pirate is pretty hardcore but has good stuff. I doubt I'd ever post on there.

buckeye

Another one bites the dust.

Been fun man. Check back in once in awhile and if ya ever get up to that ol boys place in Hudson Valley, pick up one of them fine Foxs would ya?

Thanks much Buck! That fellow is still around. I now think back on the Kickstart Rupp Cub that fellow had. He wanted 5 bills for it. Had a Drag flare to it with some fat rear rubber. Cause you know I'm a Drag Guy. Hudson Valley Craigslist:wink:

What they mean by hardcore on Pirate4x4.com is that if you ask newbie questions, expect to get blasted. They fully expect that you have done your homework, already know what gear ratios you have, engine size, which transfer case you have and if it has twin stick, etc.

They have a forum for newbie questions and if you are not into tube frame buggies, stay quiet... :D

If you go there, I would register and then just search and lurk for a while. Excellent information there, if you can read through the banter that does get explicit.

I have been on Pirate for years...

What they mean by hardcore on Pirate4x4.com is that if you ask newbie questions, expect to get blasted. They fully expect that you have done your homework, already know what gear ratios you have, engine size, which transfer case you have and if it has twin stick, etc.

If you go there, I would register and then just search and lurk for a while. Excellent information there, if you can read through the banter that does get explicit.

I have been on Pirate for years...
Is it Jeeps? All kinds 4x4? Guess I should take the leap. Here goes. I'll miss you guys! :scooter:

incogrhino

Pirate can get ah.....let's say not so nice. Don't be dumb.... use the search feature...same as here and you'll be fine. I have learned tons over there... and laughed so hard I had tears pouring. People are a riot. :thumbsup:

Yup sad to say buts its been a blast! Any one know a good Jeep or 4x4 forum? One where I may see old friends from here?:wink:
what do you plan on doing with your Jeep? milder forums like Jeepforum.com or Wranglerforum.com or Rubiconforum.com mite work for you. I would suggest joining a local 4x4 club in your area. funny I got into mini bikes for something to do at the 4x4 club meetings,not much wheeling gets done in parking lots so we rode the mini's.

It came with a plow. So I will be plowing in writer time. Also second car kinda. My Colorado has a cap and ladders on it so its a pain to drive around. The big fantasy I have is piling the wife and kids in it and going foe ice cream on a warm summer night. Last but not least just something to tinker with!

rmm727

30's should fit on that now unless the springs are shot from the plow. There was a 30" tire and wheel package for TJ's. I believe you can run 33's with 3" lift. Wrangler guys are spoiled. They can run bigger tires with less lift. Put a 3" on a Cherokee and it can rub 31's at times. Do you know what rear axle is in that. Dana 35, Dana 44? Some of the Sport models had Dana 44's in the rear.

122,000 springs are shot. thinking about 2 inch spacers with new stock springs and shocks? seen a nice 3" kit with springs and shocks. still trying to get familiar with this. Still going to be traveling but will hopefully find time for this.