I'm so old I can remember when...

pomfish

Your Mom beat you with your own toys (Hot Wheels Track) and you deserved it every time :)
And she used the Fel's Naptha soap when I swore, that one didn't work, I still swear.

Anyone remember highway signs that said "S.O.B.E.R. Slow on the Bottle Enjoy the Road" ?

I74

You would push a mower 1/4+ mile to mow a lawn for 5 bucks, then take the 5 bucks & go get a model,, spend a week or two building it,,, then take it down to the Glory hole & blow it up,,,, & then do it all over again. :p
''It was a viscous cycle''.. LOL !!!

I would ride off into the sunrise on my fat-tired one speed bike with my baseball mitt hanging on the butterfly handlebars and would tiredly pedal home when the sun was low in the west. I could smell something delicious (most of the time) being cooked by my Mom. After dinner it was a shower, summer PJs' and a big bowl of buttered popcorn. YUM !!!

I74

Oh they definitely went out in a blaze of glory. LMFAO !!! :D
On a serious note thinking more about models,,

It's really sad now in this day & age,, that what little of Hobby shops that are out there anymore,, you hardly ever see the younger generations in them.
You definitely see them @ the video game & wireless stores though.

These generations don't realize the skill sets ''for life'' you can gain, from building models & R/C stuff,, plus working on Mini bikes ect.ect. using tools.

Added,,

I was down @ the pond last fall running my R/C Sail boat,, & these 2 Boys around 10 or 11, rode by on their ''expensive'' Bicycles ,, while I was running my boat.
One of them had a smart phone in one hand,, & when they went past a ways,, I heard one comment to the other,, ''that thing is stupid''.
I just rolled my eyes, & kept on sailing ...

Last edited:
You stood with you hand on your heart and recited the pledge of allegiance every morning at school.
I believe that's still done. But the US Supreme Court ruled in 1943 that students could not be compelled to recite the Pledge. See WEST VIRGINIA STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION et al. v. BARNETTE et al.

All we had was a Black and White TV and the cartoons I watched were good.

O.J.
Yep, Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat. Whenever he would get in a fix he'd reach into his bag of tricks. Vavoom was a recurring character and the only thing he could say was," VAVOOM!!!! " which of course brought down mountain sides and the like but when the dam broke Vavoom would save the day by barkking vavoom at the hillsides to stop the impending flood. I always thought Vavoom, what a guy!