I'm so old I can remember when...

Rube Goldberg...How to remove the cotton from a bottle of aspirin - Dr. Seuss...The cat in the hat. Vacuum tubes, crt cathode ray tubes, tending a coal furnace to keep the house warm, nothing on tv after midnight except a test pattern, tv antennas poking up from the chimney, antenna rotors, door to door salesmen, cotton diaper service, milkman deliveries right to the house, Friday nights when people walked the streets to pay bills and shop the stores in person, trains stopped at RR crossings for people to get on and off, old cars and trucks had a keyhole in the bumper for the starter crank, 6 volt batteries to start a car, gas and electric meters mounted inside the house, the wall thermostat was a knob that worked a chain on the furnace draft door, grade school and high school were heated with coal, double clutching to shift gears, typewriters with round keys and a ribbon with ink, gas fireplace, gas mantle lights, buying your milk at the local farm, dentist drills that had a belt and pulleys to turn it, falling asleep to the thumping sound of oil well engines, gasoline pumps that you could turn on at the pump, full service gas stations, wet bottle pop dispensers, coin operated doors in the restrooms.

1968. Pulling up to the Shell station on my mini bike while looking out for Cops and asking the attendant for 10 cents regular.
For me it was a two-block hike to the gas station with my gas can. Fifty cents in my pocket would buy about 1.5 gallons of fuel that I had to share with the lawnmower. When I was in high school a few years later I got a job at that same station and rode my motorcycle to work. By then the cost had gone up to about 55¢/gal.

mustangfrank

I can vividly remember the conversation my mom and dad had after he came home on Sunday morning and she told him about the nasty, awful show that started last night…..Saturday Night Live….I was 15 thought it was the best damn thing I’d ever saw! I was ruined….
I was 5 or 6, my Dad let me stay up and watch it with him...Johnny Carson too but only on summer vacation.

f4radar

Looking forward each week to a new episode of the "Wild Wild West" - watching the "3 Stooges" in the morning before heading off to elementary school and having one of my little brothers holding up the "2-ear" TV antenna and moving it around to a get better picture / reception !
I remember getting up early to check my gopher traps before school in the morning, 25 cents for a pair of front gopher feet. I kept a big jar in the freezer till it was full enough to cash them in.

I74

I remember getting up early to check my gopher traps before school in the morning, 25 cents for a pair of front gopher feet. I kept a big jar in the freezer till it was full enough to cash them in.
What in the ''H-E- double hockey sticks '' would they do with front Gopher feet ??
All l I can think of is,, maybe fish bait ??
That's definitely a new one for me. LOL