I'm so old I can remember when...

toomanytoys

Dad would leave me 2.50 dollars every other day in the summer. Gas was around a dollar a gallon. So 2 gallons of gas and the 50 cents would get me a can of Pepsi and a 25 pieces of candy from Sue's penny candy selection.

2 gallons of gas usually got me 2 days of riding on my CT70. Those were certainly the days.

f4radar

What in the ''H-E- double hockey sticks '' would they do with front Gopher feet ??
All l I can think of is,, maybe fish bait ??
That's definitely a new one for me. LOL
It was a County Obnoxious Pest Control Program...(around the same time as the mosquito control trucks fogged up and down the roads). The county guy would count up your pairs and pay cash. (some times the gopher would get away and leave one foot, that was worthless unless you found another foot of the right persuasion) My dad wouldn't take me unless I had 20 bucks worth in that jar...that's 80 of those poor devils.

Last edited:

I74

It was a County Obnoxious Pest Control Program...(around the same time as the mosquito control trucks fogged up and down the roads). The county guy would count up your pairs and pay cash. (some times the gopher would get away and leave one foot, that was worthless unless you found another foot of the right persuasion) My dad wouldn't take me unless I had 20 bucks worth in that jar.
Thanks for genuinely explaining that without being sarcastic.

I see that you have ''f4radar'' as your user name.
Were you an F4 back seater by chance?
That is my all time fav. Jet. :cool:

f4radar

Thanks for genuinely explaining that without being sarcastic.

I see that you have ''f4radar'' as your user name.
Were you an F4 back seater by chance?
That is my all time fav. Jet.
No they just let me work on the Weapons Control Radar Set. As chance would have it I got a commission and went to Nav school...I wanted the back seat of an F-4 so bad. I ended up as a B-52 Navigator and then bombardier ...so I got that going for me!

Last edited:

desert rat

What in the ''H-E- double hockey sticks '' would they do with front Gopher feet ??
All l I can think of is,, maybe fish bait ??
That's definitely a new one for me. LOL
For us it was coyote ears by the pair. if you need to be told why two just ask.;)

Sorry I see it was esplained already.

Last edited:
OK ??
Not being from your neck of the woods,, now you made me look it up. LOL

Guess it's for a bounty.

Learn something new every day ….
Sorry I was not trying to be sarcastic because my response was nonsensical which describes me quite often. Matter of fact when I was young and dumb my Dad would line up pennies on my head and then smack them with a hammer. He did this repeatedly until I asked him one day why he kept doing this. His reply was, "Sooner or later I'm going to pound some cents into your thick skull."

Captain Kangaroo
The Friendly Giant
The Polka Dot Door
The latter two shows were on the Canadian channel and I got set down in front of the TV every morning during the week about 6 AM while my mom got ready for work..

I74

No they just let me work on the Weapons Control Radar Set. As chance would have it I got a commission and went to Nav school...I wanted the back seat of an F-4 so bad. I ended up as a B-52 Navigator and then bombardier ...so I got that going for me!
Being a Buff Nav. & Bombardier under your belt is indeed still pretty impressive !!

Clicking off labels with a Dymo label maker, Ann Page sandwich spread (tarter sauce) jars with the lids screwed under the cellar steps to hold nails, screws, sundries, etc., big chunky gas meters that would wheeze and tick when the furnace came on, grinding your own coffee at the A&P, steam locomotives pulling a train past the crossing, Marx toys made in Erie, PA., Riding in a Studebaker or Hudson Terraplane with the scary electro floor shift, cast iron water heaters, real laundry detergent that burnt your hands pink from the phosphates, bells ringing when the ice cream truck drove up the street, walking home from school to eat lunch, $.99 tool bins at the 5&10 variety store & tube testers at the drug store, x-ray machines at the shoe store to see how your foot fit inside the shoe, thermometers with real mercury inside them, car hop service at Big Boy eat & park, 3 on the tree stick shift...gee whiz these things are dating me so bad!

I74

I had a 71 Cuda that the headers got cought on a hill at the drive in...drove home open headers
Love them 'cuda's !! :cool:

Biggest thing I had to be careful with on the ones I had,, was having to be ''real careful'' not to go to fast across dipped intersections ect.
You could easily hit the lower front cross member/ radiator support,, & put the radiator into the fan. :oops:

Last edited: