I'm so old I can remember when...

oh man. back in 1968 we had a concrete driveway that had about 5' drop down to the road. our plywood skateboards had walnut wood wheels. we hit a pebble on the way down and did head-dives into the concrete, if we missed all the pebbles we risked getting hit by a car. i firmly believe parents, back then, used this method to 'thin the herd'.

around this time my parents made liver for dinner twice a month. i hated liver and vowed i would never eat it. the rule in our house was that if you didnt eat all your dinner you go straight to bed, no dessert. so those two days when i came home from school and smelled liver i would just go straight to my bedroom bypassing the disgusting liver dinner regardless of the dessert.

years later i figured out my parents made liver whenever they wanted a night of sex. i was a slow learner...
That cracks me up. I,too, find liver unedible. I would come home through the backyard and I would smell something great. My Mom would cook bacon with the liver and I would get excited only to find out I was going to have to go through another round of Liver-Gagging.

I74

That cracks me up. I,too, find liver unedible. I would come home through the backyard and I would smell something great. My Mom would cook bacon with the liver and I would get excited only to find out I was going to have to go through another round of Liver-Gagging.
The smell of liver to this day,, just makes me want to hurl. :eek:
Cury & baked squash,, is right up there also...

''Of course''' I was forced to eat the stuff also, as a kid,, or go hungry. o_O

Think that's one reason everybody was so skinny back then,, you never went back for 2nds. LOL

Last edited:

Wbcor

The smell of liver to this day,, just makes me want to hurl. :eek:
Cury & baked squash,, is right up there also...

''Of course''' I was forced to eat the stuff also, as a kid,, or go hungry. o_O

Think that's one reason everybody was so skinny back then,, you never went back for 2nds. LOL
...not to mention the Lima Beans :oops:

MMMMMMMM....... Hopping John!!! A good old Lo-country staple. Ate it on new years for luck and collard greens for money... Thus the reason I have lots of luck but no money. The house would smell awful for days after...
We did cabbage, ham & black eyed peas on New Year's Day. Can't 'member what the black eyed peas symbolized... :confused: