In Search of MTD/Columbia SS300

Hi

New here and restoring my childhood mini. I need these parts and willing to pay good money as its a memory to me I cherish dearly.

Needed:
good frame
front wheel with the black piece that holds the bearings in
front removable plate that says trail bike ss300
oem chain guard
front and rear fenders
1 Carlisle trail tire 4.10/3.50-6 tire that has tread on the side wall

Thanks

I am located in Asheville, NC

Last edited:

buckeye

Welcome to OldMiniBikes.

There is one for sale on Cleveland Oh craigslist.

I restromodded one a couple years ago.
Good luck.

markus

I used the standard width 8"-10" azusa fender for the rear and the standard width 4-5-6" fender for the front on mine, they came in closest tothe original fenders (the rear goes all the way down to the engine plate in stock forum, but will limit you to a Tecumseh style setup on the engine since the bike is short). They were pretty easy to fit, but I also had the beat up originals at the time to pattern from for the holesaw cut on the front fender for the bolt to pass through.

I thought I had shown that fender stuff in my build thread but I didn't :doah: Something in there may help though (there is a shot of the OG fenders off the bike to see the hole in the front) : http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/64234-western-flyer-ss300.html

That bike DID end up in South Carolina somewhere, The people that bought it were here visiting family thanksgiving or Christmas or something and picked it up then. I know they sold the engine off it on ebay pretty fast after buying it so I am guessing it has a Clone on it now.

Good luck with it :thumbsup:

markus

That helps a ton as for the read fender did you but it on one side to fit the chain ?

Have a better pic for me to go by?
I honestly dont remember having much of a problem there. I dont think I did on that bike. If I did anything I took some smooth jaw pliers and gently rolled the edge inward a touch where the chain would run topside, I know I didnt cut it. it was close though, If you have a wobbly sprocket or a sloppy clutch, it probably would have issues.

The only pics of that bike are in the build thread posted above and the columbia/MTD photo section I dont have any others of it anymore.