Independence Day

The 4th is usually a big day at our place including a beer, bonfire and LOTS of fireworks (What could go wrong?) This year however, because of the extreme heat wave and fire danger we are shut down. So we are still getting together for hot dogs and burgers and we bought a gas fire pit for Smores. Then we are going to run full blast, head first into a wall so we can at least see stars.

Happy and Proud 4TH everyone !!!!!!!!!
Fred

Harquebus

I've been corrected. It's not "the 4th", it's Independence Day
^^^

Yep, I'll be cruisin' the 'hood sporting flags on my bike later. Just got it put back together this week....
I cruised the 'hood too on the Baja Warrior just to see what everyone was doin'. No flags for my bike though, but there was an inordinate amount of big pick'em-up trucks cruising around today with big 3' x 5' Old Glorys on poles on the back or sides. A bit unreal to see but the patriotism was promising.

Thank you Rick, same to you, and everyone else !

We are blessed to live in a country where we can live independently.

Thank you to everyone who served to protect our freedom !

I74

I've been corrected. It's not "the 4th", it's Independence Day
^^^

I cruised the 'hood too on the Baja Warrior just to see what everyone was doin'. No flags for my bike though, but there was an inordinate amount of big pick'em-up trucks cruising around today with big 3' x 5' Old Glorys on poles on the back or sides. A bit unreal to see but the patriotism was promising.
Yea,, I seen a few of them there pick'em up trucks around these parts also, with ''huge'' flags of sorts,, & even some with crude cut out hoods,, for stove pipe type exhausts, to stick straight up out of. LOL
One I seen the other day had one sticking up at lest 6 feet ! o_O
It looked like something right out of Deliverance. LMFAO !!!! :D

I did cruise our large subdivision around 9:45 for about an hr. on the electric Mini, chasing fire works displays,, & strapped ''all'' of my LED bicycle lights on it.
Had 3 clear ones on the front, & 3 blue flashing ones on the rear.
It looked pretty cool,, & I could actually see pretty well.

Some of the neighbors had ''well over'' 1k in fireworks,, & there was pretty good displays all over the place.

Here's a pic of the slick rechargeable LED's I use on my stuff.
They attach with an O - ring.
Get them off Flea bay for around 11 bucks for 3.
They also come with the O-rings & USB charge cables.

I
omoqxuoomqopxlpqmrtoovqtpqvswstrwwwnHNEr.jpg

Last edited:

I74

Yea,, I seen a few of them there pick'em up trucks around these parts also, with ''huge'' flags of sorts,, & even some with crude cut out hoods,, for stove pipe type exhausts, to stick straight up out of. LOL
One I seen the other day had one sticking up at lest 6 feet ! o_O
It looked like something right out of Deliverance. LMFAO !!!! :D

View attachment 280198
Some of you might remember my above post on the 4th, about this truck.

Well,, me & the Ol'lady spotted it today,, & she snapped a pic of it.. LOL ! :p

He's even got wire stuck into the flag pole to keep the critters from running up it. LMAO !! :D

Am thinking this Guy's Gene pool is ''definitely'' lacking a filter... LMFAO !!!!!!!

20210810_105237 (1).jpg

Last edited: