Indian mini mini MM5A Project

Scored a Indian MM5A locally last week that's in pretty good shape. Since the seller had little girls only, it wasn't thrashed.
Actually still has the Pirelli tires Made in Italy. Most I have seen have a Cheng Shin tire at least on the rear.
The wheel hubs are different than the first bike and the brake sizes are also different. I now have a muffler guard which I can copy as well as a chain guard.
I modified a Honda PA 50 front brake plate to the first bike. It looks ok and works good. End of search!
Still looking for a site that lists serial numbers, which can probably help dating the bikes. The numbers on mine
are over 3000 apart. Wonder just how many they actually made. What number did they start with. And were
the one made in Italy numbered different than those made in Taiwan? Still a lot to learn.

Still gathering parts for the MM5A. Picked up a Eastwood powder coating unit so will be experimenting with it soon.
At the same time, I'm starting to restore my old Triumph drag bike that's been neglected way too many years.
TriDub.JPG

Two thumbs up cuz it is double cool.
Well I've committed to entering Double Trouble in a bike show in late April. So now instead of taking
the time to build it as a runner I will just do the polish and paint thing so it looks like it's ready to fire up.
Later I will build the rear engine and have a real runner. IMG_0824.JPG

I did get some time in on the Lil Indian today. The seat base was badly damaged as well as the foot peg supports.
The steering neck has been resized to hold the bearing race and the steering stop has been beefed up. By tomorrow
it should be finished. I want to send it along with the dragbike frame for powder coating. I will powder coat the smaller parts
with my Eastwood kit.

The powder coater snuck in and got the frames done, at a premium price but one less thing to worry over. I wanted to get swing arm coated
but couldn't get the rubber bushing out and didn't want them burned up when the powder coating is baked. It will get epoxy painted along
with all the other misc parts.

IMG_2328.JPG