indoor hobby?

toomanytoys

Well I moved into a 600 square foot 1 bedroom apartment last week to live in through the week awhile I am in west Virginia during the week for work and come home to my house on the weekends. I have internet but I need a small scale hobby to mess with.

after a week with no garage, no shop, no bikes, tractors, or anything to mess with I was about ready to pull my hair out!

Need something small that can be done in an enclosed area at a desk or table.

I thought about getting back into model cars. Those are fun. I cant do video games anymore. They dont work.....

only good thing it was warm today I was a maniac in the shop. Finished 3 projects ive been putting off and put the molded mud flaps on my camry.

Bikerscum

Get yourself an air rifle or air pistol. Olympic airgun shooting is at 10 meters. When your target only has 1 hole after 10 shots, time for you to leave Grasshopper.

Guns!

One of my favorite parts of the obsession is sitting back on a weekend when there's nothing else to do, go into the basement, & restore clunkers. It's rewarding. :grind:

banjo

I have been doing the same thing with the apt. during the week and going home for the weekend. I spend almost all my evenings playing the 5 string Banjo. (I pick therefore I grin ).:cool: Glad to see you looking for something constructive to spend your time on cause it can get old at times . Hey I know get a mandolin or guitar and then we can meet at Windber and do some jammin!!

Well I moved into a 600 square foot 1 bedroom apartment last week to live in through the week awhile I am in west Virginia during the week for work and come home to my house on the weekends. I have internet but I need a small scale hobby to mess with.

after a week with no garage, no shop, no bikes, tractors, or anything to mess with I was about ready to pull my hair out!

Need something small that can be done in an enclosed area at a desk or table.

I thought about getting back into model cars. Those are fun. I cant do video games anymore. They dont work.....

only good thing it was warm today I was a maniac in the shop. Finished 3 projects ive been putting off and put the molded mud flaps on my camry.
Lots of stuff....
Build a guitar or amp and both ( there are kits and parts you can buy to assemble your own ), restore something small like clock or old time tube radio.

I have always wanted to but never had the opportunity to build a large Cuckoo Clock.

buckeye

See boatguy.:laugh:

He does bikes in his apt, remote control boats, remote control rock climbers.

And, I wouldn't suggest cheesy's suggestion. Then you will pull your hair out.:laugh:

I used to be into tamiya 1/10 scale rc cars and trucks , I still have 20+ lined up on shelvs
They are awesome kits with every piece put together by yourself
I never got to buy one of their semi tractors and trailers but will someday

Got bored with the cold so took a Tamiya Lunchbox(cheap!) extended the frame with plastic, added another axle and an old McAlister body and made it a 4x4 dual stock engine puller.Old Lunchboxes or the Midnight Pumpkins are great to work on and not expensive--keep you busy!:thumbsup:

Wow that's a major modifications right there looks great!it's hard to have a hobby when I have to travel a lot for workI really feel like I could make a great drag mini but never have the time

My wife and myself are AVID fans of LEGO. Technical term: AFOL (adult fan of lego)

We probably have more lego's than all the kids in the neighborhood put together!
(Over 500 minifigures, and and unfathomable number of bricks in OUR collection, NOT including our 2 kids collections)

Ranging from classic city and star wars, to new lord of the rings/hobbit sets.

Our millenium falcon set (something like 1,500 peices) took us roughly 3 days worth of evenings/down time to put together!

Legos are fun. Even though the kids are grown, I still have a couple of kits in my travel trailer for something to keep my hands busy after dark.

I'm not the gardener I used to be.

But I always liked try to grow things.

Right now I have what I suspect is the worlds deepest growing Mango tree at 1600 feet bellow sea level.
Plants are nice.
Quiet and good for you.
I stick mostly to things you can eat, roses and things that brighten up my work place.

RC cars:thumbsup:
I had a decent HO slotcar collection, sold the bulk off. Still keep a case full of cars and a 4lane TOMY track in the closet.. Not to mention unfinished bits and peices of routed wood slot tracks HO and 1/32 scattered throughout the shop.

Have been looking for an old tamiya lunchbox RC. Had many traxxas trucks in my later teens. Fun stuff!

But I always liked try to grow things.

I keep a 20gal freshwater planted "fish tank", have had it going for 6++ years in various forms. Its fun to "aquascape" your own little habitat, really changes your perspective on how nature works. Being an avid fisherman, I love re-creating what I may be throwing a lure into!

I am a hard core 5th scale R/C guy. Nothing like the smell of 2 stroke in the morning!!!

Here are a few:

My newest- HPI polished 5SC:

MCD RRV4:

HPI Shorty 5B:

FG Baja Comp, FG monster truck, The shorty 5b: