Info needed on what I am 98% sure is a Tote Gote 403.

So I'm relatively new to the idea of mini bikes, and I have worked on other small engines. I am pretty convinced I have a Tote Gote 403. I'm 16, have a real interest of engines and mechanics, and am completely stumped. The engine on this thing is in great shape, despite the fact that it was left out in the cold for maybe 50-60 years. The problem, is that the carburetor needs a rebuild. I cannot seem to find any info on this engine whatsoever. This engine has stumped me. The numbers for the engine seem to be 92502-0188-02, and that's where it cuts off. The rest of the numbers habe faded off, or have been scratched off. The patent number on this engine is 2999491. This bike is in great condition otherwise, and all that needs to be done, is a gas tank flush, and a carb rebuild. Any help towards finding info on this engine would greatly help, as I'm still learning about mini bikes, and want to fix the one I have. This one is a real puzzler for me. Help!!!

-Thank you very much if you choose to help!

markus

That is a vertical shaft engine number, someone has swapped the shrouds so those numbers probably wont help you.

in this case pictures would definitely help in the id/style/era of the carb and tank you have.

The digits at the right hand end of that string of numbers on the recoil cover indicate the build date, 1967 in this case. But not every motor still carries its original recoil cover, so look for other indicators, such as whether the engine appears to have been repainted. There are a few serial number decoders available online. Here's one:

Identifying Your Engine

Hey, Towne Equipment in Portland, Oregon was one of the distributors for this bike! That space is now occupied by Ground Breaker Brewing and Gastropub. They brew Groundbreaker Beer, the logo of which is a tractor, (ground breaking, get it?) and in addition to their over-hopped IPA, (Americans do NOT know how to brew IPA) they also brew a Gluen-Free "Craft" beer- meaning it's got more rice in it than one of Chipper's mini bikes!

1551189330295.png