Info Request for Bubba Motors B/S Kart Motor

I recently bought this motor at a racetrack held, swap meet. Supposedly an alcohol burning motor. I didn’t bug the guy with a million questions about a $100 motor, as I thought I could just call the number on it, or search the web, and take it from there. Well, no luck on either. The area code is the Allentown, PA area. Is anyone familiar with this shop & if they‘re still around? I bought it to learn about it and possibly put in a minibike frame. Thanks.
062B1DC4-B613-4C31-BC18-383938DE0543.jpeg E47C4EB8-2F7A-467C-871E-4B02D4FDD67D.jpeg 5B684531-C009-464B-98D9-044607CD0B87.jpeg 302E6BFC-BA15-4092-9716-968A5235BB2E.jpeg B1AD1F91-4DD3-4D14-82EB-05436B430CA7.jpeg

If indeed it was "an alcohol burning motor" you are most likely screwed if you want to (now) use gasoline with that carb. Alcohol racers (generally) drill out/enlarge the 2 "cat's eyes" holes in the carb body that are under the removeable jet, to get more flow. If that is the case it will run like crap on gasoline and you will need another carb that is unmolested.
Michael

If indeed it was "an alcohol burning motor" you are most likely screwed if you want to (now) use gasoline with that carb. Alcohol racers (generally) drill out/enlarge the 2 "cat's eyes" holes in the carb body that are under the removeable jet, to get more flow. If that is the case it will run like crap on gasoline and you will need another carb that is unmolested.
Michael
I was planning on running it on alcohol. From what little I do know, the valve train is different to sustain the high heat, generated. Wouldn’t be a rider, maybe a drag bike.

I was planning on running it on alcohol. From what little I do know, the valve train is different to sustain the high heat, generated. Wouldn’t be a rider, maybe a drag bike.
Alcohol motors run really cool.
if you want to run alcohol, you will need to change your oil all the time, and also flush the carb afterwards.
Alcohol and aluminum is not a great mix. Look up the “white death”

I recently bought this motor at a racetrack held, swap meet. Supposedly an alcohol burning motor. I didn’t bug the guy with a million questions about a $100 motor, as I thought I could just call the number on it, or search the web, and take it from there. Well, no luck on either. The area code is the Allentown, PA area. Is anyone familiar with this shop & if they‘re still around? I bought it to learn about it and possibly put in a minibike frame. Thanks.
View attachment 276920 View attachment 276921 View attachment 276922 View attachment 276923 View attachment 276924
They were local to me and fairly popular back in the day. However, I do not believe the business is still alive. As @massacre said, if that thing wasn't stored correctly or had any remnants of methanol in it, it's going to need to come apart. Methanol requires after run maintenance or the moisture will kill the internals...