Info ...Rupp Continental...1967 ?

Serial #10165 Rupp, have pegs and front fender, will be looking for the missing stuff.
Is it a 1967?..
What HP engine would it had come with? PXL_20210709_171205587.jpg

mustangfrank

Serial #10165 Rupp, have pegs and front fender, will be looking for the missing stuff.
Is it a 1967?..
What HP engine would it had come with? View attachment 280302
1966 or 1967 Continental Special...I'm guessing 66 based on the lack of the factory brace across the two lower tube joint with the head tube. Brochure pictures are at a bad angle to compare.

2-1/2hp Lauson engine either way.

i have the same frame it's a Rupp c250 , the Rupp Continental had swing arm , shocks and headlight. that's a nice frame + the wheels are a bonus when i bought mine i think it was just the frame and a broken wheel the guy i bought it from had 2 Rupps he also had the Continental but the frame was bent i think and he wanted to much . i just painted mine purple it was black before i have a couple pictures in my media . i think they came with B&S engines i would image the Continental had a 5 hp where the c250 maybe a 3 hp ? not sure . i have a 4 hp Honda on mine now .

Last edited:

mustangfrank

i have the same frame it's a Rupp c250 , the Rupp Continental had swing arm , shocks and headlight. that's a nice frame + the wheels are a bonus when i bought mine i think it was just the frame and a broken wheel the guy i bought it from had 2 Rupps he also had the Continental but the frame was bent i think and he wanted to much . i just painted mine purple it was black before i have a couple pictures in my media . i think they came with B&S engines i would image the Continental had a 5 hp where the c250 maybe a 3 hp ? not sure . i have a 4 hp Honda on mine now .
Same frame shape but the C-250 was introduced in 1968, it had the top mounted gas tank so there would be frame mounts there, the engine plate was one piece and the foot pegs were moved farther back than the Continental Special. Disc rear brake too but I don't know if that changed anything on the rear dropouts. Rupp catalogs were great for information and pictures, they clearly stated the engine manufacturer (Tecumseh for the C-250) and the model numbers gave you the hp (250 = 2.5hp).