Information on. Galaxy Chopper style. minibike circa early 70s late 60s

Hey everyone we have a Galaxy Rail Mini chopper that was my cousin's. I know these are rare but does anyone know any authorities on them that I could contact to get more information on it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Yep..chain guard and foot actuator are actually rare to find still on the bike. There are tons of those choppers out there...but not too many complete originals.

It is oringinal in its entirety- it's just 50 years old - carburetor was cleaned a couple of years ago and running - chrome slightly pitted. Seat no holes and the serial plate perfect - is the manufacturer still around?

We are looking for sale but didn't want to get taken so we are trying to find out information so yes we are looking for a good home but not giving it was at either

Powerdyne was not one of the big players..just another of the "also rans" that tried to capitalize on the mini bike craze of the 60's-70's. Not a whole lot of info on the company itself out there.

Here's an old post by JMBMini that pretty much sums it up:

Power-Dyne mini bikes were made in Pawtucket, R.I. by a company call Transportation Vehicles Inc. The address was 55 Tower Street, Pawtucket, R.I. 02860 Phone (401) 723-0703 Out of business in the mid seventys. Was last owned by a Major League Baseball Team owner. Most of their bikes were copys of other mini bike makers in the seventys except small details but in the late sixty the mini bikes are on their own in looks except for a couple of models. The cougar sticker was on my bike when I bought it. The bikes with the galaxie stickers on the front forks are from the late sixtys into the early seventys and the bikes with cougars on them are from the early seventys to the mid seventys when the company was sold to the baseball team owner. Post a picture of your bike when you get your three post in and I my be able to tell you a little more or show you some pics of different models that I have collected pictures of. Alot of people thought they were made in another country but that isn't true. Their is little known about the company other then what I have found and read about. Good luck in your search for more info.

Unfortunately you won't get a value assessment on here because it's against forum policy, so you will have to do your own homework (there is one for sale in the classifieds right now).

Post a picture of this gem...it's always fun to see a nice complete survivor.

pomfish

Just meant handle and foot pedal rear disc brake.
Gotcha, kinda neat.
How about the headlight, real or vapor aware?

Also, the auto chain adjuster looks like it has the chain contorted at a weird angle in the ad, did they really work/last?
Never saw one with it intact.
They are probably the longest chopper that was built, much longer than the CCS one that I had and longer than a Bonanza.

I have a regular frame PowerDyne planted in my yard because it has so much rust, the paint they used did not seem to hold up well causing rust issues.

Gotcha, kinda neat.
How about the headlight, real or vapor aware?

Also, the auto chain adjuster looks like it has the chain contorted at a weird angle in the ad, did they really work/last?
Never saw one with it intact.
They are probably the longest chopper that was built, much longer than the CCS one that I had and longer than a Bonanza.

I have a regular frame PowerDyne planted in my yard because it has so much rust, the paint they used did not seem to hold up well causing rust issues.
Not sure..I had one with a headlight once...but I know it didn't belong on it. I have pretty much every chopper known to man in the many years of collecting...and the Powerdyne is about the longest one and the most comfortable to drive. It allows for a taller rider and you are not scrunched up like a Bonanza or Ruttman. The bad part is...they have a low resale compared to all the rest of the choppers. My all original sold for 350 at its peak pricing. The other few I had sold for much less. Kinda crazy once you think of it..lol. Gerry dug more into the history and knows more about these...he probably knows way more about the history than anyone.

Last edited:
I had one that I overpaid for and then spent a lot of money trying to restore.

I even bought the hard to find original brake caliper from Bill and found an NOS purple Mesinger seat for it, but I ran out of steam on it and sold it before I ever got to ride it. Last I knew NJ Mike had it.

Last edited:
I doubled checked our bike is the bike in the first picture listed in the thread and it is ALL original. Its yellow with a sparkle seat - whatcha think guys? I will post pictures as soon as I can minus the cobwebs

I doubled checked our bike is the bike in the first picture listed in the thread and it is ALL original. Its yellow with a sparkle seat - whatcha think guys? I will post pictures as soon as I can minus the cobwebs ��
I have the same bike. Also yellow, I think I'm going to mount it on a lazy susan and stick it on top of my 45' tall windmill and use it as a weather vane:laugh: