Interesting Early Bonanza BC1200/1300?

So I know there has been a lot of conversation on here about early Bonanza's with KustomKartKid and the 1st Bonanza thread and bigevilone2 building early Bonanza frames. Here is the interesting one, it appears to be an early BC1200 or 1300 if they even made them.

Pic #1.jpg

Pic #2.jpg

Pic #3.jpg

Pic #4.jpg

Pic #5.jpg

Now you see the bike I am talking about. It appears to have a early Bonanza Fork based on the exterior spring and badge. Notice the bars don't have your standard Bonanza curves? Now looking at the frame it is a front peg frame but it isn't an early engine and jackshaft plate frame. Anyone have any information on this thing?

With as many wrong parts that are on the bike I would think that it was just pieced together at some point with an early front, and later frame...

That's exactly what it looks like to me as well. An early front put on a front Peg frame with funky wheel and seat. The Bar still have me confused because all the early bars I have seen still have the Bonanza curves. These are straight like the BC1000 but the fork has suspension. I find that odd.

Last edited:
It looks like the paint under the blue appears to be green. I'm not sure if that helps at all but it was just an observation. It'd be nice if somebody could give some more info on the serial numbers. That one looks like 3256.

that number is 3258. i know that because my brother went to Snelling, Ca (near Merced) and purchased it. clearly the frame doesn't belong to the forks. i thought it was worth it to just get those front forks. it appears that the lower part of the shocks use an end that looks like a heim joint although it has no bearing. the forks also do not have fender tabs. another interesting thing is that the badge doesn't have any writing around the top edge where it normally had "california kart mfgrs.".

i've got an 1100 with badge number 9450 +/- that has shocks on those straight kind of forks. i was hoping that someone could chime in to say whether any pictures exist with those bonanza 1000 type forks with the shocks. those external springs are definitely an indicator that the came from one of the very early mini bikes.

and by the way, if anyone has one of those early frames, i'm now in the market for one.

thanks,
ts