International Scout go kart!!!

markus

Don't see many of these, It an international scout SS II go kart:thumbsup: Just made a run down south to pick it up. Its in really great condition for being for being 32 years old. Not many of these were made for international, and not many are known to exist anymore.

at pickup:

Tucked it in the garage, will post up more pics after I do a little detailing.

It runs and drives allthough I cant get in it:doah: Has a 6.5 genuine honda installed, not sure what the original motor would have been just yet. still doing some reasearch. I think it needs a body lift and some bigger meats on it:thumbsup:

That is a hell of a find Markus. :thumbsup: I am a huge International fan, that is one cool kart. Is that a 6.5hp Honda on it? and is it a cent. clutch or TAV?

nice find

i was out picking for frames last week,and saw a kenbar streaker jeep wrangler go kart. i was not as lucky though,but i did leave my number.... HUGE tires,comet setup:scared::thumbsup:

markus

Yea I always wanted a scout, I just made the mistake of buying newish offroad rig (hummer H3) instead of buying an old truck like a scout. I thought I would buy a nice truck and then get a small old car for a "project" unfortunately I cant find any small/cool, cars for a project, but stuff like scouts and bronco's etc.. are coming out of the woodwork:doah: I should have bought a nice newer sportscar instead.

Anyway, I found a little more info these were built for international as a sales booster (obviously didn't work). info off a IH site states they made like 120 something of these, and the few years the thread has been active only few have been spotted.

Gonna do some cleanup and see if I can get into the hands of an International harvester or odball kart collector fan:thumbsup:

clayon, its just a simple yard kart setup, centrifical clutch, band brake, nothing fancy.

nice find.:thumbsup:
I had a scout that look allot like that, except yours is lacking the rusty quarters and duct tape holding everything together.
Traded a couple of old John Deere snowmobiles for it.

I think I have some of the emblems from it, shoot me your address in a pm and I'll give them to ya.

i have a blue scout go kart

I found one of these go karts and bought it at an auction. I am going to get it home and see if I can get it running. I will be putting in on ebay in the next couple weeks.