Introducing "Sasquatch"

Here's a sweety I picked up yesterday off CL. I nicknamed it Sasquatch .

I was told the used frame was found sitting in a hill climb motorcycle shop about 16 years ago and was pieced back together.

Looks to me to be a one of a kind, but if you recognize the frame, let me know.

This baby is built tough, 1" frame tubing, 1 1/4" fork with 7/8" handlebars.
38" wheelbase and a 26" seat height.

HS50 Tecumseh, band brake on the jackshaft, spring front end with grease zerks. The seat was a backrest from a sissybar and the frame has extra sidebars where your feet can be placed.

8" wheels and gears for climbing with 12/40 clutch to jackshaft w/35 chain and 12/60 jackshaft to wheel w/40 chain. Overall ratio of 16.67:1, not a speedster, but should do well for high altitude off roading here in Colorado.
I think it would tow a bus out of a ditch!

Lots of paint overspray everywhere, I'll be cleaning up and tweaking this beast over the cold winter.

Here's a few shots, what do ya think guys??

That's cool. Somebody did a nice job with engineering all that.
Yes they did, overall a pretty well engineered and built frame.

Here's a few more pics. You can see the frame tubes at the fork are off a little bit and also see the hand ground "eyebrows", telling me it was not a factory built frame.

The last owner who installed the sissy bar back support to use as the seat also added in the sliding bolt and door hinge to hold it all in place! Crude, but cool!

I have a few teenage grandsons who are going bonkers to ride this.:freakout:

Resurrecting a thread from nearly three years ago.

I've been on a roll selling off a few mini's on Craigslist. Thought I'd sell off this one too. I hadn't even started it since I brought it home three years ago. I put in fresh gas, lubed the clutch bushing and chains and pulled the rope three times.

It fired right up! I took it for a lil' spin and decided right then, I couldn't sell this one. It felt wonderful putting it around, nice and slow and stable for this old boy. :scooter:

So, it came all apart for a complete rebuild. Just got done steel shot blasting the frame. This will make you sick if you've ever spent endless hours sanding a couple of paint jobs a frame: it took three, two and a half minute cycles in the blast cabinet to strip both paintjobs off this frame.

I'll be repairing, modding and generally fixing this sweetie up. I'll post more photos as the work progresses. :grind: :hammer:

Here are a couple shots of the stripped frame.

Hello Putter,

I am glad to see that you resurected this build. That bike deserves to be ridden !

I am really liking the design of your bike...when I see unique designs like that, I start looking for similarities from other mass manufactured bikes...when I look at your cool looking wall climber, I see a swept back top tube similar to the Heald Super Broncs, when I look at the design of the lower tubes and foot pegs, I see similarities to the way a Powell looks ?

But then when I look at your front forks, ... well they appear very unique to me.

This is a very neat looking bike, and I bet will perform well for work or play !!

Keep us posted, and keep up the good work !