Is anybody involved with FIRST

FIRST is the high school robotics competition, you get 6 weeks to come up with a design and fabricate a robot that will compete against other schools. My son joined Team 3667 last year and this year I am one of the mentors.

It's a great program, if anyone is looking for something to do and you have a local team look them up. If there like us I am sure they could use the help.
Tommrow is the big kick off, this years game will be announced.

USFIRST.org

My 2 girls have been in FLL FIRST LEGO League | FLL is the result of an exciting alliance between FIRST® and the LEGO Group for the last few years, last year my youngest girls team won state and went to the Canada competition.
She just won the 1st local comp. this year, I think they have one more before state comp. again.

It's allot of work the kids put in 20+ hours a week after school. GO TEAM GREEN

My bragging post on another forum last year
[quote author=gandrfab link=topic=14201.msg336361#msg336361 date=1395332046]
Creekside Middle Students Win Robotics State Championship

Team Green, Creekside Middle School’s robotics team, competed in the first Lego League Robotics (FLL) state championships on March 2 and won Grand Champion for the state of Florida. Creekside students competed among the top 48 teams out of 549 teams from Florida and the Caribbean at the University of Central Florida. In June, the team will travel to Toronto Canada to represent the state of Florida at the FLL World.

Volusia County Schools
[/quote]