Is this a Republic?

New Member. This was a basket case I'm trying to revive. Actually moved under it's own power after a bunch of work.
From what I can come up with it may be a Barris bike made by Republic but I can't confirm. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

Thanks for the info.

Wow, that makes me happy. I live only a few towns from Plainview were I think they were made. Had a few Stellars as a kid ( 50 years ago) but they were the non-suspension type. I remember paying $8 for a frame from a neighbor kid LOL.

Is there a difference between a Quasi or a Trail?

One last question, the paint colors appear to be original. Are these the correct colors?

Thanks for the info.

Wow, that makes me happy. I live only a few towns from Plainview were I think they were made. Had a few Stellars as a kid ( 50 years ago) but they were the non-suspension type. I remember paying $8 for a frame from a neighbor kid LOL.

Is there a difference between a Quasi or a Trail?

One last question, the paint colors appear to be original. Are these the correct colors?

The common Stellar color was blue. But they did come in a few other colors. Quasi and Trail are the same bike. Trail was closer to when Republic was getting involved with Stellar.
There are a few Stellar collectors on L.I.
My brother and I own 8 total Stellars.
Seats are easy to have done. The hardest items to find are the fenders and original clutch cover. They did come with Tecumseh's and Clinton engines.
check out our FB page to keep in the Long Island mini bike loop at L.I. Mini Bike Madness. We had our last show of the year yesterday behind The Bryant restaurant on RT110 in Huntington Station.