Is this a rupp?

capguncowboy

Has a rupp swing arm and gas tank, maybe the engine. Not much else Rupp on it. The forks look correct, but the bars are wrong. So is the seat.

capguncowboy

If the forks are original, it would be a 1970 Rupp. I think that's the last year they did external springs, and the only year they were used on that frame style.

Honestly, unless it was dirt cheap, I'd probably steer clear of this one

And yes, the shocks are also wrong. The front springs look right

If the forks are original, it would be a 1970 Rupp. I think that's the last year they did external springs, and the only year they were used on that frame style.

Honestly, unless it was dirt cheap, I'd probably steer clear of this one

And yes, the shocks are also wrong. The front springs look right
Is it a sprint? I thought the sprint didn't have springs but not sure.
I did buy it, it was 50 bucks.

capguncowboy

Yeah, Karen said the pan looked chopped up. Without the wheels, I can't properly ID it. The sprint had 6" wheels in 1970, but those wheels/tires look really small in that frame. My guess is that it was a Scrambler with the 10" disk wheels originally. Whatever it was, it didn't have a lighting kit on it. What year is the engine -- it's obviously not a 70 (square shroud), but I was curious.

If you decide to part it out, I might be interested in the fork lowers.

capguncowboy

The rims aren't rupp. They're Azusa tri-stars. You can actually still buy those from OldMiniBikes (and other retailers). You can ID the engine by the numbers stamped on the shroud.

It runs.... Is there anything more I can do to help get a better answer on what it is.
Trying to decide which way to go,fix up or part out.

What did the h35 come in?
I will sell the wheels and any othe parts that are not rupp as of right now.

capguncowboy

If you remove the seat from the frame, there should be a Rupp serial sticker on the seat pan. That might help someone out there ID it. Going by the front end, I'm going with it being a 1970 nonlighted bike, so I'll say Scrambler. The sprint didn't have an external spring on the front end.

The H35 was used on a lot of bikes, including some later Rupps. The header pipe coming out of it makes me think it might actually have been a Rupp engine on a different bike. The other possibility is that's a later Rupp bike with 1970 forks and some funky handlebars. The serial sticker would help if that's the case.

Last edited: