Is this an early BONANZA??

I have attached four pictures... it looks like a bonanza but the swing arm is strange. The front plate on the handlebars is totally smooth, no holes for rivets to attached the round ID plate. This was my childhood mini bike that was given to me in 1977 by my uncle. Any information, make and year would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:
I find it cool that you still have that bike after all that time.

The forks look like maybe from a BC1000? Maybe they cut off the rear tabs and made the rear suspension?

Last edited:
The thing that is so strange about the swing arm is the welding all looks the same as the welding on the frame, it all matches like the same person who welded the frame welded the swing arm. It doesnt look like a guy cut it up in his garage and stick or gas welded it... but who knows. If it was cut up, what model and year Bonanza do you think it started out as?

I don’t think (just my uneducated opinion)…
It’s a bonanza….agreed it resembles a bc1200 type frame…go power front wheel….but I think the jack shaft plates are missing a small hole….my opinion that’s a general appliance front end?? But I could very well be wrong….it is bent to shit….good luck

and bonanza seat mounts are more rounded….No badge holes in front end..

I straightened the VERY bent forks today on the Bonanza lookalike mini bike. They are in very bad shape but I think they will be OK. I'm not going to do a complete rebuild just a clean up so I bent them cold instead of using heat. Parts are on order with OldMiniBikes warehouse and Hent.I will post some more pictures as I move along.

Attachments

Last edited: