Is this normal belt wear for a new torque Converter?

I took the cover off my new T/C to lube the bushing after an 8 mile mountain ride. Lots off climbing over boulders and steep inclines.
Is this amount of belt "dust" normal for a new belt?
The clutch and pulley are aligned and the belt is facing properly. ( flat side towards engine/vertical drive plate)
drivebelt1.jpg

When I installed my Chinese tav I used the Comet dry lube on all the recommended parts beforehand.
Not sure if you did that or not but you do ride some pretty rough terrain so I might expect some wear in of the belt first couple of times out. If it continues after a while I might be worried but there might be some initial debris until the belt wears in, at least in my experience.

chrisr

You will see some dust, but the Comet belts last longer than the non-Comet. Even the non-Comet they seem to last a long time.

The torque converter ran very well. It does take more RPM to get up to speed but once at a cruising speed the RPM is close to a Jack Shaft.
The response once the engine comes up to speed is impressive. Boulders were no problem. I smoked the tire on a few of the larger ones if I gunned the engine.
Climbing the steepest hills were just fun as the engine never bogged down. I found that 1/2 throttle was normally enough to climb anything I ran into.
On the flats I let-it-rip and the front tire lifted up, not off the ground but close. Top speed is slower but I can still hit right around 30 MPH on pavement.
As I posted the governor is still functional and so far I see no reason to take it off. The last thing I need to do is throw a rod or some other part in the middle of nowhere.
I'll be posting another 100 or so photos of today's ride. I came upon a friend who is a avid Dirt MC rider and is always amazed that I can get where I am when we meet. I think he has a new respect for these Chinese minibikes.
I'm running the stock rear sprocket, which is fairly tall. I could go to a much larger one for more torque,but that would put the chain and teeth much blocer to the rocks and boulders.

I took the cover off my new T/C to lube the bushing after an 8 mile mountain ride. Lots off climbing over boulders and steep inclines.
Is this amount of belt "dust" normal for a new belt?
The clutch and pulley are aligned and the belt is facing properly. ( flat side towards engine/vertical drive plate)
View attachment 248298
Some dust splatter up middle maybe put tape along bottom to seal dust better, but other than that is fine,

teeb

Get rid of the chinese and cheapo belts! A good belt is gonna cost you upwards of $25 bucks! The cheapos stretch fast. Gates/Stens/Comet are great brands. Also kevlar is a must to have in the belt. Snowmobile belts are great too! I use Stens. Its been on my bike for over a year, and over 250 miles on it. Looks and performs like day 1! Used the belts in the knockoff tavs.... didnt even last 2 trips to the trails before i could slip it off without driver breakdown. Save them though.... good for a breakdown in the middle of nowhere!

Attachments