is this safe?

I'm not sure if I ever need a catch can or not but i didn't like leaving my hose floating around so this morning I decided to plug them in to the stock filter like this

noseoil

I would re-think this one. Not saying you can't do it this way, but it might be better to look at it again.

The vent for the gas tank should be open to the atmosphere. I used a small fuel line filter & just trimmed it short so it's hanging from the back edge of the tank. The valve cover vent should also get a filter or a catch tank, but it needs to be vented as well, to allow for air flow in & out of the crankcase.

I would re-think this one. Not saying you can't do it this way, but it might be better to look at it again.

The vent for the gas tank should be open to the atmosphere. I used a small fuel line filter & just trimmed it short so it's hanging from the back edge of the tank. The valve cover vent should also get a filter or a catch tank, but it needs to be vented as well, to allow for air flow in & out of the crankcase.
thanks for the reply I'll probably undo that setup then I'll look into getting a catch can

If you're looking for a cheap catch can solution, search up CarsandCameras on YouTube. Their latest build with the 60mph gokart needed a catch can and they made one out of a plastic bottle. It's not a permanent fix, but it's good enough if you need it now.

If you're looking for a cheap catch can solution, search up CarsandCameras on YouTube. Their latest build with the 60mph gokart needed a catch can and they made one out of a plastic bottle. It's not a permanent fix, but it's good enough if you need it now.
I made one yesterday and I rode my mini today it performed great
but it's not a permanent solution I'll order a decent catch can this Friday

Last edited:
It looks pretty professional at first glance. I like it. That exhaust looks awesome too.
thanks I cut off the original muffler box and welded a galvanized half inch elbow to it and bought the muffler from Ace Hardware and gave it a few coats of vht paint I also have a another piece of pipe to use as a straight pipe